travellers in 2015
years of rail travel experience
|Castellon De La Plana||Barcelona||02:21||$18|
|Barcelona||Murcia Del Carmen||06:47||$26|
|Barcelona||Miranda De Ebro||04:38||$40|
The national railway company of Spain is known as the Renfe. Spain has over 15,000 km of railway network. Train tickets for trains operating in Spain can be booked in advance. International trains connect Spain with neighbouring countries such as France and Portugal. Book tickets to visit main cities of Spain by train. Spanish cities including Madrid, Barcelona and Malaga are all served by trains.
With fantastic shops, lively nightlife, unique architecture and a perfect position on the Mediterranean, Barcelona really is the city with everything. Take a walk in Park Güell, Gaudi’s enchanting outdoor masterpiece before visiting the stunning cathedral, the Sagrada Familia. It’s a great starting point for your European adventure with many onward train connections both in Spain, and internationally.
Explore the lush highlands surrounding the northwestern city of Santiago de Compostela (7h00 by train from Madrid) – legend has it the mountains are inhabited by witches. Or if it’s beaches you’re after visit Malaga in the South of Spain (2h 20 by AVE train from Madrid), known as the unofficial capital of the Costa del Sol.
The buzzing capital Madrid is perfect for shopping – from the luxurious designer boutiques of the Salamanca district, to the quirky Fuencarral market and street style of Preciados street.
Eat & Drink
Apparently tapas were invented in Seville, so make sure you try some in one of over a thousand tapas bars on offer. If it’s game dishes you’re after visit Toledo, just 30 minutes by train from Madrid, and go for the stewed red-legged partridge, or the local favourite perdiz roja estofada.
Visit San Sebastian in the Basque Country up in the north of Spain, it’s a stylish and image-conscious city – great for people watching. The small city has a beautiful beach, making it possible to sunbathe and swim next to major historical buildings and churches.
Rail Pass benefits in Spain
- 50% discount on the lines of FGC (Ferrocarrils de la Generalitat de Catalunya). Barcelona - Vallès, Llobregat - Anoia, Ribes de Fresser - Nuria (Rack line) Monistrol de Montserrat - Montserrat, La Pobla-Lleida (Rack line)
- 50% discount on the cable lines of Gelida and Montserrat operated by FGC (Ferrocarrils de la Generalitat de Catalunya)
- 50% discount on FEVE train on routes Cartegena – Los Nietos, Santander – Bilbao, Oviedo – Santander, Leon – Bilbao, Oviedo – Ferrol and local lines in Asturias, Galicia, Cantabria, Vizcaya, Leon and Murcia
- Access to Sala club lounge. Travelers who have Preferente 1st class train reservation have free access to the Sala club lounge located in several railway stations.
5% off for Eurail Pass holders for stay in HUSA-Hotels. (Login: Rail Pass password: Eurailinterrail)
- 20% discount on the official fares and 10% on accommodation supplements for Pullman seats, berth on crossings from Barcelona to Civitavecchia/Livorno (Italy), Barcelona-Porto Torres (Sardinia. Operated by Grimaldi Ferries. Ferry service varies by season.
- 20% discount on the seat fares – Alcudia-Ciudadela, Algeciras-Ceuta, Algeciras-Tánger, Barcelona-Alcudia, Barcelona-Ciudadela, Barcelona-Ibiza, Barcelona-Palma, Denia-Formentera, Denia-Ibiza, Denia-San Antonio, Ibiza-Formentera, Ibiza-Palma, Valencia-Ibiza/Palma operated by Baleria.
- Free travel from Canfranc - Oloron on buses operated by SNCF Bus.
- Free transportation between Valencia Joaquín Sorolla and Valencia Nord stations when you have a reservation for the AVE train
Museums and Attractions
- 50% discount to Railway Museums (Madrid Madrid Paseo de las Delicias, 61 Vilanova la Geltru Barcelona, Pl. Eduard Maristany, s/n)
- Hard Rock Cafe Madrid, Paseo de la Castellana, 2, Barcelona Placa, Catalunya 21 receive free gift in the Rock Shop with every purchase over €30.
Interactive Rail Map
Go for our best-selling rail passes Spain
Our train tickets in Spain
Top cities in Spain
Top stations in Spain
Airports in Spain/B_airports_array>
- "Not recommended" Ahmed a. 27/05/2016
My booking was 1st class with meal but the refused to give me any meal the said you have to pay and the website is not updated. The seats not like the shownew in the website picture
- "First class?" David w. 09/12/2014
We went first class and didn't see much difference between it and the other classes besides leather seats. Also the food selection on board was unnecessarily limited and frankly not very nice. Finally first class service in other countries at least includes a complimentary beverage if not an entire meal service where we were offered nothing.
- "Heart Beat of Europe " Partha Sarathi j. 26/11/2013
Amazing experience, the family really enjoyed the entire eurail experience, Outstanding in terms of comfort, punctuality , service I would have travelled if there was a trans continental eurail The only sad part was the tragedy that occurred after our trip Kudos to the entire organization Dr partha