Eurail Bulgaria - Romania PassFrom $195 From $195 Eurail
Enjoy 1 free day with a 5-day or 7-day within 1 month pass, and 2 free days with a 10-day or 15-day within 2 months pass. Book by March 29, 2017
- Unlimited travel in Bulgaria and Romania
- Discount for families or groups of 2-5 people with the Saver Pass.
- Children up to 11 travel for free. More details
- Youth (12 - 27) discounts available
5.5 milliontravellers in 2015
75+years of rail travel experience
The Eurail Bulgaria - Romania Pass is the most comprehensive pass to visit Bulgaria and Romania, which are located in central Europe.
Bulgaria is mostly known for its rich and varied landscapes, where you will find unspoiled forests, waterfalls and beaches. As for, Romania, many consider it is the most beautiful country ion southwestern Europe. Visit iconic cities like Budapest and Sofia.
The Eurail Bulgaria - Romania Pass allows you unlimited travel with the freedom to hit the tracks whenever and wherever you want! You can take as many trains as you like and there is no limit on the distance you can travel within a travel day. All of this at a fixed price.
Hop on and off trains at any time according to your desires and encounters. Just show up at the nearest train station and get ready to go and explore a new destination. (See ‘Things to know’ for more information about seat reservations).
The Eurail Bulgaria - Romania Pass is packed with bonuses to make your trip even more enjoyable. Hotel discounts, reduced museum fares and more are included in your pass.
It also comes with a Eurail travel pack (Travel map and user guide).
Whether you are the adventurous traveller or the avid planner the Eurail Bulgaria - Romania Pass is your pass to freedom and the key to an unforgettable trip!
Things to know
Who can buy a rail pass?Any person living in a non-European country can use the Bulgaria - Romania Pass. Please note that residents of Russia and Turkey are not eligible.
A seat reservation is a guaranteed seat on board a train.
Seat reservations are compulsory for high speed, international and night trains. However, as you will be travelling with a rail pass, you will only have to pay for a small reservation fee, as opposed to the usual standard fare.
Seats are generally available for reservation up to 90 days prior to departure and are limited. Book early to secure your seat!
We are not currently offering online seat reservations for high speed, international and night trains covered by the BritRail passes.You can book your seat reservation directly from train stations once you are in the United Kingdom.
Most regional trains do not require a seat reservation. Just hop on board with a valid rail pass, find a seat and relax as the train takes you to one of the many destinations served.
What is a Saver Pass?
A Saver Pass is a single pass listing the names of all people travelling together. It is offered to families or groups of 2 to 5 people.
- Adults usually get a 15% discount with a Saver Pass.
- Remember, children can travel for free with an adult. See conditions below.
Children under 4 travel for free. Do not include them in your booking as they don’t need a rail pass. However if you want them to have a guaranteed seat on board high speed trains or a bed on board night trains, you must make a reservation before travelling.
Children from 4 to 11 travel for free. As a rail pass will still be issued for them, please make sure you include them in your booking. For guaranteed seats on board high speed and night trains, please remember to book a seat for you and your children.
How to use a rail pass?
Taking local and regional trains allows you to explore at will. Simply board with your rail pass and choose any open seat. Reservations are required on most high speed, overnight, scenic, and international trains. We recommend always checking your desired journey for any specific seat reservation requirements.
Most rail passes include discounts and bonuses. Save money and make the most of your trip with your rail pass.
When available you will get hotel discounts, free entrance to museums, discounted boat trips and more.
Get a free travel pack when you book a Eurail Pass from Rail Europe. The travel package contains a user guide and a detailed map of the European railway network.
And the Eurail Select Bulgaria - Romania Pass is packed with bonuses to make your trip even more enjoyable. You’ll get discounts on hotels, museums & activities, and more.
With the Eurail Select Bulgaria - Romania Pass, the benefits like the connections it provides - are everywhere. Whether you are an adventurous traveler or avid planner, the Eurail Select Pass is your pass to freedom and an unforgettable journey of discovery.
Rail Pass benefits in Romania
30% reduction for stay in the following hotels: Hotel Alexandros and Lotru Villa in Busteni; tel. +40 244 320 138, Hotel Europa, and Ana Aslan Health Spa in Eforie Nord, tel. +40 241 741 710.
50% discount on the Romanian Railway Museum Bucuresti Nord Station.
Interactive Rail Map
Use our interactive travel map to plan your trip and view the rail network of each country covered by your rail pass.
- A. Yes all high-speed trains require reservations. Some 1st class trains include meal service in the price of your ticket.
- A. First class on the Talgo 200 offers large, comfortable reclining seats, friendly staff to serve you drinks and light snacks at your seat and major routes have audio and video programs at your seat. Second class on the Talgo offers generous legroom, bar-buffet car offering a complete selection of food and beverages for purchase and major routes have audio and video programs at your seat.
- A. On all domestic routes in France and all international routes that depart from France. When traveling round trip on an international route you will need to print both tickets before you depart. For more detailed information on how to use a French self service kiosk review: How do I retrieve my e-tickets at French train stations?
- A. There are no check-in or customs procedures before boarding TGV trains. However, you must be onboard at the latest 2 minutes prior to the departure time, beyond which access to the train cannot be guaranteed. Ticket control and passport checks will occur on board the train.
- A. Heathrow Express arrives in London's Paddington Station.
Q. Is it possible to purchase a 2nd Class Eurail Select Pass instead of a 1st Class Eurail Select Pass?A. Eurail Select Pass is only available in 1st Class for adults and children. Eurail Select Youth Pass is offered in 2nd class to travelers under age 26.
- A. A Swiss pass enables you to travel free of charge in the Swiss public transport services whereas a "point to point" ticket is a rail ticket valid on a specific route, between two city stations.
- A. You will need to first figure out who wants to share, and who does not. Once you have your travel party broken down, request the number of passengers who want to share a room together and request as either a 1, 2 or 3 person room. Request each compartment separately until all passengers have been reserved in a room.
- A. Like most high-speed trains in Europe, you need to make a booking when travelling with Thalys. Passholders with passes covering the whole Thalys route (Eurail Global Pass, Eurail Select Pass including France, Benelux or Germany, depending on the route, Eurail and Benelux-France) benefit from special Passholder fares. Just bear in mind that some passes covering partially the Thalys sector like France Rail Pass but also Eurail passes including Benelux-France / France-Germany / France-Italy / France-Spain / France-Switzerland / Benelux also offer special Passholder deals. German Rail Pass is not valid on Thalys routes to Germany.
Q.Can I get off the train for a few hours and then get back on later that day if I'm holding a train ticket?A. A ticket that does not include a reservation for a specific train, does allow you to get on and off the train as much as you would like provided that your journey is completed within 2 months. Most tickets now include the reservations within the ticket, and do not permit the traveler to hop on or off the train If you are looking for more freedom to hop on and off the train, a railpass would be the best choice.
answered | Posted by Riki A. | Comments 0 | Created: 11/07/2016
answered | Posted by Jose J. | Comments 2 | Created: 09/07/2016
answered | Posted by Yshai S. | Comments 0 | Created: 07/07/2016
answered | Posted by Aijaz P. | Comments 0 | Created: 05/07/2016
answered | Posted by MILOOK A. | Comments 0 | Created: 07/06/2016