Central Europe Triangle Pass
- Destinations: Vienna, Prague, Salzburg and Budapest.
- Children under 4 travel for free.
5.5 milliontravellers in 2015
75+years of rail travel experience
The Central Europe Triangle Pass is the best rail pass to discover Vienna, Prague, Salzburg and Budapest.
It is important to know that the rail pass is valid for 3 one way journeys on the two routes below:
- Vienna - Budapest - Prague
- Vienna - Salzburg - Prague
You can start your journey from any of the cities on the routes, and you can also travel in any direction you want. This means that you can start your journey in Budapest and travel to Vienna before heading to Prague. You are, of course free, to choose another itinerary.
You can have 3 one way journeys during a 1 month period.The Central Europe Triangle Pass is therefore a great way to spend quality time in three beautiful central European countries, namely the Czech Republic, Austria and Hungary.
Things to know
Who can buy a rail pass?Any person living outside Austria, Slovakia, Czech Republic and Hungary can use the Central Europe Triangle pass.
How to use a rail pass?
Taking local and regional trains allows you to explore at will. Simply board with your rail pass and choose any open seat. Reservations are required on most high speed, overnight, scenic, and international trains. We recommend always checking your desired journey for any specific seat reservation requirements.
Most rail passes include discounts and bonuses. Save money and make the most of your trip with your rail pass.
When available you will get hotel discounts, free entrance to museums, discounted boat trips and more.
Interactive Rail Map
Use our interactive travel map to plan your trip and view the rail network of each country covered by your rail pass.
- A. If you board a direct overnight train that departs after 7:00pm, then you use only 1 day on your pass. However, when marking the day of use for that train, be sure to mark the next day's date. If your overnight train requires a train change before midnight, then you will use 2 travel days.
- A. The prices of accommodations on an overnight train are dependent on a few factors: 1. The expense of the ticket 2. The type of train you will be traveling on 3. The type of compartment you wish to sleep in Similar to Day trains there are different levels of overnight trains. Typically, during the day, high-speed premier trains are more expensive then local services that travel at a slower speed, and offer fewer services on-board. For night trains longer International journeys are more expensive as they tend to be nicer trains, offering the traveler more services.
- A. A pass holder is a reduced fare that can be purchased in place of a ticket. It requires the use of 1 day on a rail pass and is generally required for high-speed trains.
- A. All passengers with an AVE ticket may carry up to two pieces of hand luggage, for which they will be responsible and which they must store in the designated areas. The total weight limit is 20 kg and the combined dimensions (length + width + height) of each piece of luggage must not be more than 250 cm.
- A. Breakfast is served before 11:00 a.m.; lunch is served between 11:00 a.m. and 2:00pm A snack is served between 2:00pm and 5:00pm Dinner is served after 5:00pm.
- A. Some passes may be purchased in Europe at a higher cost. It is best to place your order before you departure to ensure that you have your paper documents in hand.
- A. Eurostar Business Premier passengers will be offered a 3-course meal with refreshments at seat meanwhile in Standard Premier, you will get a light and cold meal with refreshments at seat. A bar buffet car with a selection of food and beverages for purchase is also available on Standard class.
- A. Yes, there is a catering service on board Italo trains. While there are 2 Area break with self-service vending machines, there are no bar/restaurant coaches. From the vending machines which are in coach 3 and 7, you can but hot and cold drinks as well as snacks. Passengers in Club and Prima class will be offered a catering service at an extra cost, which you must pay once on board. You can order the Italo breakfast, if you are travelling in the early morning between Milan and Rome.
- A. TGV offers two different classes of travel: 1st and 2nd class. Larger seats that recline electronically, power sockets for laptop or mobile phone and access to the bar buffet car are among the main features you will find in TGV first class. In second class, you will enjoy comfortable seats with also an access to the bar-buffet car where you can choose from a vast selection of dishes and beverages.
- A. Most major train stations have lockers or luggage storage available at an additional cost. Make sure you have some change available if you are planning to use a locker.
answered | Posted by Erica C. | Comments 4 | Created: 11/10/2016
answered | Posted by Edel F. | Comments 0 | Created: 08/06/2016
answered | Posted by Judy R. | Comments 0 | Created: 01/06/2016
answered | Posted by Tapan C. | Comments 0 | Created: 24/04/2016
answered | Posted by CHUNG M. | Comments 0 | Created: 16/08/2015