Eurail Denmark PassFrom $163 From $163 Eurail
Enjoy 1 free day with a 5-day or 7-day within 1 month pass, and 2 free days with a 10-day or 15-day within 2 months pass. Book by March 29, 2017
- Unlimited travel in Denmark.
- Discount for families or groups of 2-5 people with the Saver Pass.
- Children up to 11 travel for free. More details
- Youth (12 - 27) discounts available
5.5 milliontravellers in 2015
75+years of rail travel experience
The Eurail Denmark Pass is the most comprehensive way to explore Denmark. Visit Copenhagen, Denmark’s capital, take the train to Helsingor, home to Hamlet’s Castle or end up in Ribe, known as the Viking town. See even more of Denmark by visiting Odense, birthplace of Hans Christian Anderson, and discover the Egeskov Castle, Europe’s best-preserved Renaissance castle.
The Eurail Denmark Pass allows you unlimited travel with the freedom to hit the tracks whenever and wherever you want! You can take as many trains as you like and there is no limit on the distance you can travel within a travel day. All of this at a fixed price.
Hop on and off trains at any time according to your desires and encounters. Just show up at the nearest train station and get ready to go and explore a new destination. (See ‘Things to know’ for more information about seat reservations).
The Eurail Denmark Pass is packed with bonuses to make your trip even more enjoyable. Hotel discounts, reduced museum fares and more are included in your pass.
It also comes with a Eurail travel pack (Travel map and user guide).
Whether you are the adventurous traveller or the avid planner the Eurail Denmark Pass is your pass to freedom and the key to an unforgettable trip!
Things to know
Who can buy a rail pass?Any person living in a non-European country can use the Denmark Pass. Please note that residents of Russia and Turkey are not eligible.
A seat reservation is a guaranteed seat on board a train.
Seat reservations are compulsory for high speed, international and night trains. However, as you will be travelling with a rail pass, you will only have to pay for a small reservation fee, as opposed to the usual standard fare.
Seats are generally available for reservation up to 90 days prior to departure and are limited. Book early to secure your seat!
We are not currently offering online seat reservations for high speed, international and night trains covered by the BritRail passes.You can book your seat reservation directly from train stations once you are in the United Kingdom.
Most regional trains do not require a seat reservation. Just hop on board with a valid rail pass, find a seat and relax as the train takes you to one of the many destinations served.
Children under 4 travel for free. Do not include them in your booking as they don’t need a rail pass. However if you want them to have a guaranteed seat on board high speed trains or a bed on board night trains, you must make a reservation before travelling.
Children from 4 to 11 travel for free. As a rail pass will still be issued for them, please make sure you include them in your booking. For guaranteed seats on board high speed and night trains, please remember to book a seat for you and your children.
How to use a rail pass?
Taking local and regional trains allows you to explore at will. Simply board with your rail pass and choose any open seat. Reservations are required on most high speed, overnight, scenic, and international trains. We recommend always checking your desired journey for any specific seat reservation requirements.
Most rail passes include discounts and bonuses. Save money and make the most of your trip with your rail pass.
When available you will get hotel discounts, free entrance to museums, discounted boat trips and more.
Get a free travel pack when you book a Eurail Pass from Rail Europe. The travel package contains a user guide and a detailed map of the European railway network.
And the Eurail Denmark Pass is packed with bonuses to make your trip even more enjoyable. You’ll get discounts on buses and trains, cruises & ferries, museums & activities, and more.
With the Eurail Denmark Pass, the benefits like the connections it provides - are everywhere. Whether you are an adventurous traveler or avid planner, the Eurail Denmark Pass is your pass to freedom and an unforgettable journey of discovery.
Rail Pass benefits in Denmark
Private Rail Roads
- 50% off on the Arriva and DSB-Øresund private railroad.
- 50% off on the Nordjyske Jernbaner (private railway) between Frederikshaven – Skagen and Hirtshals – Hjorring.
10% discount between June 20 and August17 (high season). 20% discount during low season to travel on board the ferries of Fjord Line between Hirtshals-Kristiansand, Hirtshals-Langesund (20% all year) and Hirtshals-Stavanger - Bergen.
25% reduction to visit the Danish Railway Museum, in Odense.
1st class pass holders get free access to the DSB lounges in Århus, Copenhagen and Odense.
Get a free gift in the Rock Shop for any purchase. Hard Rock Café, Vesterbrogade #3 Copenhagen.
If you have a Global Pass, you only need a seat reservation to board the international IC bus. Otherwise if you have a rail pass which is not valid in a country where the bus operates, you will need a reservation and a ticket. Routes are Berlin-Copenhagen.
Interactive Rail Map
Use our interactive travel map to plan your trip and view the rail network of each country covered by your rail pass.
- A. In order to accommodate a group of 5 travelers, you will need to do 2 separate requests. You have the following options: * 2 passengers in a double, and the other 3 in a T3 compartment (if offered). * 4 passengers in a T4 (if offered) and 1 passenger in a single. * 4 passengers split into 2 double compartments, and 1 passenger in a single. * Reserve all 5 in a T6 compartment. Options a, b, and c will need to be requested separately as it has been broken down. Option d can be requested all at once.
- A. A rail day lasts from midnight to midnight. You can take as many trains as you wish during this time.
- A. A Eurail Select Pass offers you unlimited travel on the national rail networks of any 3, 4 or 5 adjoining countries that are connected by train or ship. These countries are to be chosen from a list of 24 participating countries.
- A. Toilets are easily accessible on all the trains and are usually marked with the letters WC. Toilets can usually be found at the front or back of each train car (also known as a coach), and will include a sink, toilet and a locking door.
- A. Thalys trains offer two classes of travel: 1st class with Comfort 1 and 2nd class with Comfort 2. In Comfort 1, reclining seats will offer you a high level of comfort. Sockets for laptop or mobile phone are also available on some carriages as well as free newspapers on major routes. Wi-Fi is free in Thalys Comfort 1 and in 2nd class with flexible tickets. In 2nd class (Comfort 2), you will get access to a bar-buffet car offering food and refreshments for purchase. Wi-Fi is available at an additional cost in second class for more restrictive tickets.
- A. Most major train stations have lockers or luggage storage available at an additional cost. Make sure you have some change available if you are planning to use a locker.
- A. You will be offered the Print @ home ticket delivery to travel on board Italo trains in Italy. Receive your ticket reference in your inbox, print it and you are ready to travel. The Print @ home is more convenient and has no shipping fees.
- A. Frecciarossa trains offer two classes of travel: first class and second class. First Class ticket holders will receive a welcome drink, a snack and a daily Italian newspaper. Either travel class you may choose, you will be able to surf the Net on Frecciarossa trains using a USB key or any other portable device equipped with a Wi-Fi antenna.
- A. Also known as the red train, Thalys trains link Paris to the gems of Northern Europe: Brussels in 1 hour and 22 minutes, Amsterdam in 3 hours and 18 minutes, and Cologne in 3 hours and 14 minutes. On a seasonal basis (from the end of December till mid - April), Thalys Snow travels from Brussels Midi to the ski resorts in Chambéry, Albertville, Moutiers, Aime-la-Plagne, Landry and Bourg-St-Maurice, every Saturday without any stops.
- A. Eurostar is a reservation-only service and bookings can be taken up to 6 months in advance. Also bear in mind that Eurostar is not included in the Eurail pass or France Rail Pass program but you can still get a discount on Eurostar when buying a pass.
answered | Posted by diamond t. | Comments 0 | Created: 11/03/2017
answered | Posted by Jaidev I. | Comments 0 | Created: 27/02/2017
answered | Posted by Sze E. | Comments 0 | Created: 01/12/2016
answered | Posted by S M. | Comments 0 | Created: 29/10/2016
answered | Posted by Pranav S. | Comments 2 | Created: 16/10/2016
Reviews & ratings Denmark Pass
Overall rating (3)
Overall appreciationExcellent 44% Very good 56% Average 0% Poor 0% Terrible 0%
- "Great experient" Thanatchaporn c. 01/08/2014
Traveling with Denmark pass help us save much money. There're modern and comfort trains. Staffs are so kind and helpful. Value for money Convenience