France PassFrom $209 From $209 Eurail
- Unlimited travel in France.
- Discount for families or groups of 2-5 people with the Saver Pass.
- Children up to 11 travel for free. More details
- Youth (12 - 27) discounts available
travellers in 2015
years of rail travel experience
The Eurail France Pass is the ultimate pass to explore France, the world’s most popular tourist destination! Hop on board the high speed TGV or any regional and night trains to discover the historical treasures, prominent landmarks and unique cultural legacies of this magnificent country. This diversity is what creates the magic of France! Start with Paris, a city with unmatched glamour and individuality before heading to the prestigious French Riviera. Have a taste of world class cuisine in Lyon or a glass of premium champagne in Epernay en route.
The Eurail France Pass allows you unlimited travel on all the 31,000 km of railway network in France, with the freedom to hit the tracks whenever and wherever you want! You can take as many trains as you like and there is no limit on the distance you can travel within a travel day. All of this at a fixed price.
Hop on and off trains at any time according to your desires and encounters. Just show up at the nearest train station and get ready to go and explore a new destination. (See ‘Things to know’ for more information about seat reservations).
The Eurail France Pass is packed with bonuses to make your trip even more enjoyable. Hotel discounts, reduced museum fares and more are included in your pass.
Whether you are the adventurous traveller or the avid planner the Eurail France Pass is your pass to freedom and the key to an unforgettable trip!-
Things to know
Who can buy a rail pass?Any person living in a non-European country can use the France Pass. Please note that residents of Russia and Turkey are not eligible.
A seat reservation is a guaranteed seat on board a train.
Seat reservations are compulsory for high speed, international and night trains. However, as you will be travelling with a rail pass, you will only have to pay for a small reservation fee, as opposed to the usual standard fare.
Seats are generally available for reservation up to 90 days prior to departure and are limited. Book early to secure your seat!
We are not currently offering online seat reservations for high speed, international and night trains covered by the BritRail passes.You can book your seat reservation directly from train stations once you are in the United Kingdom.
Most regional trains do not require a seat reservation. Just hop on board with a valid rail pass, find a seat and relax as the train takes you to one of the many destinations served.
What is a Saver Pass?
A Saver Pass is a single pass listing the names of all people travelling together. It is offered to families or groups of 2 to 5 people.
- Adults usually get a 15% discount with a Saver Pass.
- Remember, children can travel for free with an adult. See conditions below.
Children under 4 travel for free. Do not include them in your booking as they don’t need a rail pass. However if you want them to have a guaranteed seat on board high speed trains or a bed on board night trains, you must make a reservation before travelling.
Children from 4 to 11 travel for free. As a rail pass will still be issued for them, please make sure you include them in your booking. For guaranteed seats on board high speed and night trains, please remember to book a seat for you and your children.
How to use a rail pass?
Taking local and regional trains allows you to explore at will. Simply board with your rail pass and choose any open seat. Reservations are required on most high speed, overnight, scenic, and international trains. With the Eurail France Pass you may travel on TGV and French trains: Intercités which require additional seat reservations. We recommend always checking your desired journey for any specific seat reservation requirements.
Most rail passes include discounts and bonuses. Save money and make the most of your trip with your rail pass.
When available you will get hotel discounts, free entrance to museums, discounted boat trips and more.
Get a free travel pack when you book a Eurail Pass from Rail Europe. The travel package contains a user guide and a detailed map of the European railway network.
Rail Pass benefits in France
Private and Scenic Trains
- Passholder fares to travel on board the Eurostar which links Paris to Lille, Ashford and London. For Eurail pass holders with a valid rail pass including France, Eurostar offers a discount on First and Second Class tickets. The pass holder discount is also available with a Second Class Youth rail pass.
- Discounted fare to travel on board Thello International trains between France and Italy. Discounted fares applied if pass is valid in France and/or Italy. Routes: Marseille-Toulon-Les Arcs St Raphael-Cannes-Antibes-Nice-Monaco-Ventimiglia-San Remo-Imperia-Diano- Marina-Alassio-Albenga-Finale Ligure-Savona-Genova-Voghera-Pavia-Milano. Paris-Dijon-Milano-Brescia-Verona-Vicenza-Padova-Venice
Ferries and Cruises
30% reduction on the standard foot passenger fares on ferry crossings from Cherbourg to Rosslare (Ireland) (February to December) and Roscoff to Rosslare (Ireland) (May to September) operated by Irish Ferries. Advance booking is recommended and reservations required. No daily sailings.
- Free Travel from Digne – St Auban/Veynes
- Free Travel from Oloron – Canfranc (Spain)
- If you have a Global Pass, you only need a seat reservation to board the international IC bus. Otherwise if you have a rail pass which is not valid in a country where the bus operates, you will need a reservation and a ticket.
Museums and Attractions
Get a free gift in the Rock Shop for purchases over € 25. Hard Rock Cafe Nice, 5 Promenade des Anglais and Paris, 14 Boulevard Montmartre.
Interactive Rail Map
Use our interactive travel map to plan your trip and view the rail network of each country covered by your rail pass.
- A. The Eurail Italy Pass is the best choice if you want to spend your time exploring Italy. Eurail Italy pass is valid for one month, and the number of travel days available varies from 3 to 10 days.
Q. Is it possible to purchase a 2nd Class Eurail Select Pass instead of a 1st Class Eurail Select Pass?A. Eurail Select Pass is only available in 1st Class for adults and children. Eurail Select Youth Pass is offered in 2nd class to travelers under age 26.
- A. First class on the Lyria offers large comfortable reclining seats and a bar-buffet car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase. Second class on the Lyria offers generous legroom and a bar-buffet car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase.
- A. Austria, Benelux (includes Belgium, Luxembourg, Holland), Bulgaria/Serbia/Montenegro, Czech Republic, Croatia/Slovenia, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Norway, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Romania, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland.
- A.No. A German Rail Pass Extension alone is not valid to travel on board trains. You have to use your extension as an add-on to your German Rail Pass.
- A. Gatwick and Heathrow Express trains run every 15 minutes.
- A. To obtain a refund, please return your unused, unvalidated tickets/pass to your travel agent, or send to your local Raileurope Office. Click here to get the information in our contact us section. Most tickets are required to be returned at least 3 days prior to the departure date, or to be stamped "Unused" at a rail station in Europe to be eligible for a refund. Please add a short note including the original booking number of the order. It is suggested that you send these documents by some type of traceable mail for proof of delivery, should they get lost in the mail.
- A. Finding Train Tickets and Schedules can be accomplished with just a few simple steps. First click on the "Train Tickets" section, located on the top of any page. There you will find a form asking for your departure city and arrival city and the date that you would like to travel. You will also be asked the approximate time that you want to travel (morning, afternoon or evening). If you would like to book a round trip ticket, just click on the "Round Trip" option and provide the information for your return trip on the same page. Once all of your information has been entered and you have clicked "Search" you will be presented with a number of results to choose from. First, you will want to look through the times offered to see what the best schedule for your travel. Once you have chosen a schedule, you should begin to look at the prices that are offered. Fares are typically broken down into categories, Business, Flexi First, Best Price First, Flexi Second, Best Price Second and Super Saver. Best Price First and Best Price Second are classes tickets being more restrictive in terms of flexibility. Flexi First, Flexi second and Business are classes offering more flexibility. Although these classifications do apply to several different train types, it is always recommended that you click on the "Details" link under each fare type to show the specific refund and exchange rules for that price. Once you have decided on the train and fare that you would like to purchase, click on the "select" link, which will take you to the passenger selection page. Once you have input your passenger information you can choose to continue shopping or proceed to the checkout process.
- A. Eurostar Direct Services can connect you directly from London to Paris, but also Brussels, Lille, Disneyland Paris and on a seasonal basis to Avignon in summer and to the French Alps during winter with a single weekly connection.
- A. From Germany, several cities in bordering countries can be reached. The Intercity Express (ICE) goes to Brussels, the DB Expressbus to Prague, the DB-ÖBB Eurocity to Kufstein and Innsbruck and the DB-ÖBB Eurocity to Bolzzano/Bozen, Verona, Bologna and Venice.
answered | Posted by Renuka S. | Comments 0 | Created: 13/01/2017
answered | Posted by norizan k. | Comments 0 | Created: 02/01/2017
answered | Posted by Keith F. | Comments 0 | Created: 12/12/2016
answered | Posted by Karen A. | Comments 0 | Created: 08/12/2016
Why 20% offer is not getting applied to eurail global pass when i try to book through raileurope.co.in? need help in this (...)I asked the customer care once regarding this issue. They said that 20% offer is not loaded in the system and it will get updated (...)
answered | Posted by Vijay T. | Comments 3 | Created: 05/12/2016
Reviews & ratings France Pass
Overall rating (53)
Overall appreciationExcellent 29% Very good 38% Average 21% Poor 11% Terrible 1%
- "A Marvellous French Journey" . 30/08/2016
I stayed in Paris for the whole month of July. From there I went out into the French provinces on nine different day trips visiting 18 cities from Rouen and Cherbourg in the North to Montpellier and Avignon in the South, and from Brest and La Rochelle in the West to Reims and Strasbourg in the East, not to forget the cities of the centre Bourges, Tours and Orleans. It was a fantastic experience of provincial France with the wonderful TGV on most routes. I will do it Again. Next time to visit other of the beautiful French cities and towns.
- "Rail Pass " Chia-chen k. 05/07/2016
Have to preserve the seat before taking rails, however, there were limited amount of seats available for the Rail Pass, but have tickets for on-site purchasing. It caused some inconvenience and rescheduling of the travel plan. Value for money Convenience
- "Reliable service" Wun Shim Betty k. 30/05/2016
Very difficult to find the place for the stamp of the rail pass and getting to the right coach and seat very confusing as the coach are not in order and the info about the platform only given 20mins before Value for money Convenience
- "A good trip" Ian m. 12/02/2016
We had a good rail trip from Paris to Avignon/Beaune. The trip was quite pleasant. The only problem was that the tickets did not allow us enough time (12 minutes) to make the connection at Lyon. Otherwise the trip was quite pleasant. Value for money Convenience
- "France Trip" Parin j. 14/01/2016
Very convenient and reasonable. Value for money Convenience
- "convenient and comfortable" Zarina Evita z. 14/10/2015
trains were on time and the schedules are really convenient! i was able to go to south of france and use my rail pass during my stay Value for money Convenience
- "TGV France - Two worlds" Samrat d. 13/09/2015
It's efficient. It's on time. It's comfortable. But it's two different worlds on the upper and lower deck. Upper deck is French Countryside and lower deck is a loooooooong tunnel with an occasional glimpse of the sky. Pick snacks early on or else you'll be left with a can of soda. Value for money Convenience
- "Travel with France Rail Pass " Huu Nguien n. 16/12/2014
It was a very good idea to travel by train with Pass, it saved time, money but the only thing I need to be - was punctual. To miss the train as planned would lead to another problem as too many connecting train in my journey. Anyway the France Rail Pass was an excellent choice! Convenience
- "Too expensive" Hsinmei c. 10/11/2014
As metioned in the title. Value for money Convenience
- "Extending Time for collection" Christopher c. 22/10/2014
It will be much convenient if the pass can be collected outside normal office hours to provide flexibility. Value for money Convenience
- "Amazing!" Marilyn m. 16/10/2014
We traveled with a France rail pass for 3 days. The staff were very friendly and helpful, and the trains were very comfortable. I wish we had trains like this in Canada! Value for money Convenience
- "Very comfortable trip" Alexandra r. 26/09/2014
The Eurostar is a very comfortable train in first class. The service and food offered were very good. The only complaint was that the passengers were crammed into a very small waiting area in Paris' Gare du Nord. Value for money Convenience
- "Great way to travel France" Nathapan p. 12/08/2014
Good train services. Very comfortable. Few delay but quite good communication. Should have booked 1st class instead for better availability. Value for money Convenience
- "Trip on october of 2013" Kwai Fong m. 12/05/2014
The trains in France are comfortable, but the reservation fees are expensive. Local trains are rare . Value for money Convenience
- "cancellation" Siwen z. 10/03/2014
I book a train but in the end it was cancelled, without any notice. As a result, I can't catch up with the next train...and late for hotel checking!... hope there will be some way of informing passengers of any cancellation e.g. message or email for foreigners... Value for money Convenience