Swiss Transfer Ticket + Half Fare CardSwiss Travel System
- 50% discount trains and public transportation.
- Children under 16 travel for free.
travellers in 2015
years of rail travel experience
The Swiss Transfer Ticket including Half Fare Card Combi is ideal when you are based in one city and planning to have day-trips from there.
The Swiss Transfer Ticket including Half Fare Card Combi allows you to benefit from 50% off all public transports and a round-trip from the airport or border station to any city in Switzerland. You can use it to reach a ski resort, the airport or simply to avoid using a travel day, if you have a Swiss Travel Pass.
The Swiss Transfer Ticket including Half Fare Card Combi is great for families too! When confirming that you will be travelling together, you will be provided with a Swiss Family Card. It allows children aged 6 to under 16 to travel free of charge!
Things to know
Who can buy a rail pass?Any person living outside the participating countries can use the Swiss Transfer Ticket + Half Fare Card. Please note that residents of Switzerland and Liechtenstein are not eligible.
How to use a rail pass?
Most trains in Switzerland do not require reservations. You can simply board with your rail pass and take any open seat.
Most rail passes include discounts and bonuses. Save money and make the most of your trip with your rail pass.
When available you will get hotel discounts, free entrance to museums, discounted boat trips and more.
Interactive Rail Map
Use our interactive travel map to plan your trip and view the rail network of each country covered by your rail pass.
- A. 1st Class seats often recline, there are fewer seats per car, and there is more space for luggage. On some high-speed trains, the price of a 1st Class ticket includes a meal. 1st class is generally quieter with more business and adult passengers. 2nd Class accommodations are less expensive, but not as spacious, as there are more seats per car. For trips over 2 hours we recommend that you book 1st class.
- A. Breakfast is served before 11:00 a.m.; lunch is served between 11:00 a.m. and 2:00pm A snack is served between 2:00pm and 5:00pm Dinner is served after 5:00pm.
- A. The pass can be purchased up to 6 months before your first travel day. The pass must be validated within 6 months of the original date of issue.
- A. You will be able to book a Thalys ticket 90 days in advance.
Q. Under train tickets and schedules, does the fare represent a per person rate or total for everyone?A. Our "Train Tickets and Schedules" section calculates the total cost of your outbound journey first, and it includes the cost for the number of people that you specify. Once you choose an outbound journey, the costs of the return journey appear.
- A. We are unable to ship tickets purchased on Raileurope outside of your country of residence. We recommend that you have all travel documents in hand before departing from your country of residence.
- A. TGV Lyria is a high speed train and requires a compulsory reservation. Special pass holder fares are available if you carry a Eurail Pass covering France or Switzerland, Swiss Pass or France Rail Pass but subject to limited availability.
- A. A saver pass is a discount rate for a group of 2-5 passengers traveling together at all times. All names will be printed on a single pass, therefore passengers will not be able to travel independently.
- A. Travel from London - Paris/Brussels and most of the train stations in between these 2 routes. For more detailed information on how to use a Eurostar self service kiosk review: How do I retrieve my e-tickets at Eurostar train stations ?
- A. You will be able to book your TGV tickets 90 days in advance.
answered | Posted by Arun A. | Comments 2 | Created: 15/11/2016
answered | Posted by Pak L. | Comments 0 | Created: 21/10/2016
answered | Posted by Amol S. | Comments 5 | Created: 21/10/2016
answered | Posted by BALAKUMAR B. | Comments 3 | Created: 07/10/2016
answered | Posted by Mary L. | Comments 0 | Created: 30/09/2016