France-GermanyFrance : SNCF
- Paris - Frankfurt: 03:48
- Book up to 180 days in advance
- High Speed trains
travellers in 2015
years of rail travel experience
France-Germany trains, ideal to visit popular destinations like Paris, Munich and Frankfurt.
France-Germany is actually the route which is served by the high speed trains. Thus both the French TGV and the German ICE trains operate on the France Germany route. The high speed trains departs from main cities in France, including Paris, Marseille, Lyon, Strasbourg to reach major cities in Germany, including Munich, Frankfurt, Stuttgart etc. Watching the passing landscape from the comfort of your seat, will offer you a pleasant experience on board. This route has the particularity to have hosted the record breaking high speed train – 574 km/h (357 mph).
Popular journeys and travel durations
|Paris - Frankfurt||3h 49|
|Paris - Stuttgart||3h 39|
|Paris - Karlsruhe||3h 00|
|Mannheim - Paris||3h 10|
|Munich - Paris||6h 08|
|Stuttgart - Strasbourg||1h 24|
|Frankfurt - Marseille||7h44|
|Aix En Provence Tgv||Frankfurt||07:45||$63|
|Chalon Sur Saone||Frankfurt||04:57||$63|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- France-Germany tickets are open for booking 180 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Receive your ticket directly to your address. Just take them with you and you are ready to travel. Shipping fees apply.
Print @ home
Print your ticket anywhere and anytime before your travel. Skip shipping fees.
Print @ Station (from France)
Go to a self-service ticket machine and enter your reference to retrieve your ticket. Skip shipping fees.
Seat reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Experience the service
Main stations for the Paris to Germany train are located in the city centres. Travellers using ICE and TGV trains will depart or arrive at the main railways stations below:
- Paris Gare de l’Est. One of the main train stations in Paris and is the terminus for TGV and ICE trains from/to Germany. The station is less than 1 km away from Paris Gare du Nord where trains depart to UK and northern Europe.
- Munich Central Station (München Hauptbahnhof). One of the largest in Germany and located in the city centre. It has a local ICE connection with the Munich-Pasing station.
- Frankfurt Central Station (Frankfurt am Main Hauptbahnhof). The most important in Europe. Frankfurt Central Station has a local connection with Frankfurt Flughafen Airport which houses a railway station.
|First class||Second class|
|Bar buffet car Access to the bar buffet car where snacks and beverages can be bought. small>|
|Comfortable seats Spacious seats with a headrest and generous legroom. small>|
|Reclining seats Cosy with more legroom, reclining seats are ideal to enjoy the trip. small>|
|Subway tickets Tickets for Paris Metro are on sale on board, allowing to save time and avoid confusion. small>|
|Welcome drink Nothing more refreshing than being welcomed by a drink from the friendly staff. small>|
|Power sockets Ideal to plug your laptop, phone or any electronic device from your seat. small>|
|Business lounge at station Get the ultimate treat before any trip, or simply an ideal place to continue working. small>|
Interactive Rail Map
- A. You can get free (or cheap) boat trips, discounts on rail travel, free admission in museums, a 50% discount on mountain top excursions and more. You can obtain these benefits locally by showing your Swiss pass, or you can contact the specific benefit company in advance. The discount benefits apply during the validity of your Swiss pass, whereas free passage on trains, buses or ferries is only valid on travel days.
- A. Yes, non-smoking cars are available on all trains. Most high- speed trains are now completely non-smoking and all reservations are requested in non-smoking coaches when both options are available. There is no smoking on all trains in France, Italy, Norway, Germany, Austria, Sweden, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxemburg, and Switzerland.
- A. From London to Paris and vice versa, Eurostar offers frequent service: every 30 minutes during peak hours and approximately once per hour during non-peak time. During the peak summer season, up to 24 trains run daily to Paris. From London to Brussels and vice versa, service is offered approximately every 2 hours. During summer, Eurostar offers daily service to Disneyland Paris. During winter, there is 1 train a week.
- A. TGV Lyria is a high speed train and requires a compulsory reservation. Special pass holder fares are available if you carry a Eurail Pass covering France or Switzerland, Swiss Pass or France Rail Pass but subject to limited availability.
- A. 1st Class seats often recline, there are fewer seats per car, and there is more space for luggage. On some high-speed trains, the price of a 1st Class ticket includes a meal. 1st class is generally quieter with more business and adult passengers. 2nd Class accommodations are less expensive, but not as spacious, as there are more seats per car. For trips over 2 hours we recommend that you book 1st class.
- A. A passenger qualifies for Senior Fares at age 60 and over.
- A. A Swiss Pass enables you to travel free of charge in the Swiss public transport services for periods ranging from four days to one month in 41 cities.
- A. Validation of your pass is having a Rail Official at the train station stamp your pass as valid.
- A. Heathrow Express arrives in London's Paddington Station.
- A. The best option for 3 passengers is a T3 if it is available. T3 compartments are not offered on all trains. If a T3 is not available then passengers will be advised to divide their party. You can also book a T4 or T6 based on availability and restrictions.
answered | Posted by Deepa R. | Comments 0 | Created: 18/08/2015
answered | Posted by Norman C. | Comments 0 | Created: 20/01/2015
3 of us would like to cover the following cities by train-vienna to innsbruck to paris to berlin back to vienna by 2nd class. is (...)We are a family of 3 planning to cover Austria, France and Germany over a period of 10-11 days. We would like to travel between (...)
answered | Posted by Ajay S. | Comments 0 | Created: 15/04/2014
answered | Posted by Jackie M. | Comments 0 | Created: 26/01/2014
answered | Posted by Deepti R. | Comments 0 | Created: 26/01/2014
Reviews & ratings France-Germany
Overall rating (167)
Overall appreciationExcellent 45% Very good 37% Average 13% Poor 3% Terrible 2%
- "Great trip" Miguel Angel c. 16/12/2016
The journey was comfortable, fast and without problems. Value for money Convenience
- "Great, easy trip" Walter w. 16/12/2016
From the rail-europe perspective everything was great except we happened to get a car with a school trip of loud students which made for a very unpleasant, noisy trip. next time I will look for cars marked "quiet" if they have such a thing. Value for money Convenience
- "Fantastic Trip!!!" Ursula h. 02/12/2016
One of the best trips I have ever had and very good service and reliability! Value for money Convenience
- "Comfortable Ride" Grace p. 29/11/2016
Very smooth, convenient, and relaxing. Value for money Convenience
- "Comfort" Vitta s. 28/11/2016
I was traveling with the party of 3, buying a ticket, we got seats all together, seats were comfortable, ride was smooth and fast. Adding on top - amazing scenery. Value for money Convenience
- "Great trip" Asha d. 22/11/2016
Great trip. Comfortable and clean. However, the wifi did not work at all. Value for money Convenience
- "Frankfurt to Düsseldorf." Rudiantoro k. 19/11/2016
It is more convenience for foreign travelers like us if we don't have to print out the tickets in the train station. Because from my experiences using trains during our trip in Europe, only this trip between Frankfurt to Dussoldorf, we have to print the ticket in the station instead of using reprinted ticket at home. Value for money Convenience
- "superb train it is.....really" Praveen s. 03/11/2016
i like the train very much Value for money Convenience
- "Frankfurt to Paris by train" Abdul Rahim a. 01/11/2016
Did everything online. Rail Europe website was helpful and easy to use. Paid 45 Euro for this 4-hour trip on 22nd October 2016. A very pleasant and convenient way to travel inter-city. Beats flying any time, the hassle of airport security and the waiting period. Have already booked via Rail Europe for my family travel (5 of us) in December from Zurich, Geneva, Paris to London. Paid quite a lot for this even after the discounts for my 3 daughters (under 26 years) Value for money Convenience
- "Trip" Sreekanth n. 28/10/2016
The trip was good . The staff were kind and hospitable. The eurorail is a superb way to connect. However the cost was a little high. But totally worth. Value for money Convenience
- "Excellent Trip" James b. 24/10/2016
My only complaint is that different fairs varied greatly from day to day, and the trip we happened to need was much more expensive than it had been when we first researched our tickets by the time we purchased. I wish it was easier to predict the rates. Value for money Convenience
- "Title?" Robert w. 18/10/2016
Everything was good. Train on time and all in in good order. Enjoyable trip Value for money Convenience
- "France to Germany" Ranjini a. 08/10/2016
The connecting train was in 10 mins. Train stopped at platform 2 and the connecting train was in platform 15. This is very inconvenient for older people. Please look into this. Thank you. Value for money Convenience
- "Easy going trip" Tantely a. 07/10/2016
The trip was fine and it was easy to go on. Value for money Convenience
- "Fast and easy" Laura b. 06/10/2016
Got us to Paris quickly and easily. Value for money Convenience