- Interlaken - Lucerne: 01:51
- Book up to 90 days in advance
- Scenic trains
- Unique travel experience
- Panoramic route
5.5 milliontravellers in 2015
75+years of rail travel experience
GoldenPass Line. Best of Swiss Alpine scenery, Lucerne to Lake Geneva, serving Montreux, Interlaken etc.
The GoldenPass Line is simply the world’s first panoramic train, at that time operating between Montreux and Zweisimmen. Nowadays the GoldenPass Line operates from the shores of Lake Lucerne over Brünig Pass, past weathered timber houses and flower-decorated windows, continuing towards Gstaad, the favourite playground for the rich and famous. Then the train makes an electrifying descent towards Montreux, passing through vineyards and country estates to finally arrive at shimmering Lake Geneva. You’ll travel nearly 150 miles through many scenic highlights of Switzerland before arriving in Montreux. Main stops on the route are Lucerne, Interlaken, Spiez, Zweisimmen and Montreux.
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- GoldenPass Line tickets are open for booking 90 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Receive your ticket directly to your address. Just take them with you and you are ready to travel. Shipping fees apply.
Seat Reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Experience the service
Before boardingMake sure to reach the train station at least 10 minutes prior to the train departures, especially when you are unfamiliar with the premises.
|First class||Second class|
|Carrier’s designationName of class of service as you might see on your ticket. small>||First class||Second class|
|Comfortable seats Spacious seats with a headrest and generous legroom. small>|
|Bar buffet car Access to the bar buffet car where snacks and beverages can be bought. small>|
|Panoramic cars Large windows offering panoramic view of the stunning landscape. small>|
Interactive Rail Map
answered | Posted by Marita B. | Comments 0 | Created: 15/07/2015
answered | Posted by Suk H. | Comments 0 | Created: 19/01/2015
answered | Posted by Ves L. | Comments 0 | Created: 13/10/2014
answered | Posted by Rajiv V. | Comments 0 | Created: 26/09/2014
answered | Posted by Han L. | Comments 4 | Created: 25/09/2014
Reviews & ratings GoldenPass Line
Overall appreciationExcellent % Very good % Average % Poor % Terrible %
No reviews for this product yet