Italian International trainsItaly : Trenitalia
- Zurich - Milan: 03:41
- Book up to 120 days in advance
- High Speed trains
travellers in 2015
years of rail travel experience
Italian International trains
Italian Int. trains. Ideal to travel between Italy and Zurich, Geneva, Basel, Budapest, Zagreb etc.
The Italian International service is one of the most practical to reach your destination in comfort and quiet whether that’s Spain, France, Switzerland, Germany, Austria or Eastern Europe. Your arrival in the next European country on your list will be via the majestic snow-capped peaks of the Dolomites and the Alps if you travel on board a high-speed Italian International train from Italy. Experience the beautiful landscapes on board Italian International trains which have comfortable carriages and shorter journey times. The best way to travel between countries served by the Italian International trains.
Popular journeys and travel durations
Main destinations for the Italian International Trains include Barcelona, Venice, Ljubljana, Zagreb, Budapest, and Zurich.
|Florence – Milan||2h 55|
|Venice – Milan||2h 57|
|Milan – Zurich||3h 38|
|Milan – Geneva||3h 43|
|Milan – Basel||4h 26|
|Zurich – Stuttgart||3h 04|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- Italian International trains tickets are open for booking 120 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Receive your ticket directly to your address. Just take them with you and you are ready to travel. Shipping fees apply.
Seat reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Experience the service
All the main Italian stations have trolleys, baggage lockers, foreign exchange facilities, restaurants, car rental offices etc.Ticket control will occur on board the trains from Italy.
|First class||Second class|
|Air conditioned carriages Makes it bliss when travelling during the summer period.|
|Restaurant car Drinks, snacks and delicious meals, to make the most of your trip.|
|Welcome drink Nothing more refreshing than being welcomed by a drink from the friendly staff.|
|Newspapers and magazines Grab your free international/local newspaper or magazine and enjoy the ride.|
|Meal and drink A delicious meal and drinks are served at seat on board. small>|
Interactive Rail Map
- A. Due to the limited availability on overnight trains, if you must change your sleeper reservation, try to do so immediately. You can visit the local station at least 24 hours prior to the train's departure and see what is available. Be aware that your reservation change may be subject to local service fees and/or upgrade charges. Reservations are required for sleepers and couchettes on all overnight trains and can be made up to 60 days in advance.
- A. Gatwick Express arrives in London's Victoria Station.
- A. Yes all high-speed trains require reservations. Some 1st class trains include meal service in the price of your ticket.
- A. Reservation is compulsory on Italo. When you buy a ticket for Italo, the reservation is included. Please note that if have even if you have a Rail Pass which includes Italy, you need a separate ticket to travel on board the Italo. Passholder fares do not apply to Italo.
- A. It's easy! Use the self service kiosks at the rail station to retrieve your tickets in a few easy steps.
- A. Yes, there is a catering service on board Italo trains. While there are 2 Area break with self-service vending machines, there are no bar/restaurant coaches. From the vending machines which are in coach 3 and 7, you can but hot and cold drinks as well as snacks. Passengers in Club and Prima class will be offered a catering service at an extra cost, which you must pay once on board. You can order the Italo breakfast, if you are travelling in the early morning between Milan and Rome.
Q.Can I get off the train for a few hours and then get back on later that day if I'm holding a train ticket?A. A ticket that does not include a reservation for a specific train, does allow you to get on and off the train as much as you would like provided that your journey is completed within 2 months. Most tickets now include the reservations within the ticket, and do not permit the traveler to hop on or off the train If you are looking for more freedom to hop on and off the train, a railpass would be the best choice.
- A. Check-in is usually open 30 minutes before AVE train leaves and is closed 2 minutes before departure. Also, bear in mind that ticket control and passport checks will occur before boarding AVE Trains. For travellers carrying Eurail Pass including Spain – just remember that you need to validate your pass prior to boarding AVE trains and get a reservation.
- A. Go to our train times on our Train Tickets and Schedules select the number of passengers then click the box next to "Click this box if you have a Rail Pass". All results that are displayed will show you fares that are valid for passes. To insure you select the correct fare for your pass view the details. All passes that are valid with each fare are listed in the details.
- A. Rail passes for children are generally half the adult fare. Some passes do not offer a child pass. Child tickets are offered on most trains and vary by train type. They are generally about half of an adult ticket. The Swiss Pass allows children under 16 to travel free when they are traveling with a parent who is holding a Swiss Pass. On BritRail passes, children 5 through 15 are free with each paying adult.
answered | Posted by aloysius w. | Comments 0 | Created: 21/02/2016
answered | Posted by Thomas T. | Comments 0 | Created: 14/02/2016
answered | Posted by Mike W. | Comments 2 | Created: 03/02/2016
answered | Posted by John U. | Comments 0 | Created: 01/02/2016
answered | Posted by Mohammad A. | Comments 0 | Created: 26/01/2016
Reviews & ratings Italian International trains
Overall rating (256)
Overall appreciationExcellent 30% Very good 37% Average 18% Poor 6% Terrible 8%
- "Zurich to Como" Louise p. 06/12/2016
So relaxing and comfortable, and the scenery was amazing! Value for money Convenience
- "Italy " Iwan t. 02/12/2016
convenience and great coast along the way... Value for money Convenience
- "Good trip but..." Guillaume o. 17/10/2016
Problem of seat reservation No family space Delay of 30 minutes Value for money Convenience
- "Rome to Salzburg" Stefan w. 15/10/2016
This leg of the journey went very smoothly apart from the ability to store our luggage. As we are older folk it was immediately obvious I was not going to be able to lift our suitcases up into the overhead luggage racks and as a result we found space for them behind our seat as we were sitting in a four seat pod. As the trip continued people stored their luggage at the front of the carriage for possibly the same reason as us. I would recommend some storage racks at the back of the carriage similar to other trains we travelled on. Value for money Convenience
- "Comfortable -Easy" Stephanie b. 29/09/2016
Good train trip from Milano to Spiez. Comfortable cabin/seats/ride. Value for money Convenience
- "Smooth trip cramped foot space" Martin m. 19/09/2016
We three rode in first class. We were assigned seats in a four-seat-with-table bay, and were joined by a fourth for most of the trip. It would have been much more comfortable to be in separate seats, since the foot space under the tables is quite limited. In all other respects the trip was nearly as good as in first class on the TGV. Not quite as fast or smooth, and not as good food service, but generally fine and certainly far better than air travel. We will use this again. Value for money Convenience
- "WORST TRAIN" Harshal g. 08/08/2016
The Train was very poorly maintained. No cleanliness and Toilet was not working. I Even lost my Wallet on train and no one helped me out. Value for money Convenience
- "NICE TRIP" Hoi Yan c. 03/08/2016
the train is on time but the space for luggage is too small. Value for money Convenience
- "Trip to Swiss " Suresh k. 03/08/2016
Excellent Service ... Punctuality to the core .... Clean and well maintained compartments ... Staff very courteous .... Recommended 100 times if not more .... keep up the good work Value for money Convenience
- "vacation" Dennis v. 02/08/2016
thought first class was bigger (comparing to TGV Lyria). Also too many stops. Convenience
- "Most convenient way to travel " Wai Ling l. 03/07/2016
Train was comfortable and punctual! Helps to buy the ticket in advance if you know your travel times as it's cheaper than buying on the spot! Value for money Convenience
- "Good and worth" Wing Yick Louis c. 27/06/2016
It was fast and comfortable. It also saved our money Value for money Convenience
- "Car Cancelled" Karen w. 25/06/2016
We pre-paid and received in the mail, 4 upgraded tickets to travel from Munich to Bologna. When the train pulled into the station, there was no car with our assigned number. I asked train personel about our car, and was rudely told that it had been cancelled and to "go sit over there". (Pointing to another car w/empty seats.) The car we were directed to sit in, were lower class seats than what we had paid for. The car had little air conditioning and the seats were very uncomfortable. I would like a refund for the difference in the value of the seats for which we prepaid. I would also like to request that train personel receive an education on how to interact with customers. Thank you. Value for money Convenience
- "Worst experience" Sharon c. 22/06/2016
Didn't get to ride this train at all. We paid for so much and we ended up with the cheapest train. I paid almost 600euros when I should have only paid half. I am telling other Asians about this experience. We don't experience this in other countries like Japan. Train is always clean and on-time. There are also no security measures in the train stations. No one is checking the bags, passports etc. Terrorists can easily fly from one country to another. After all that is happening in Europe, I am surprised no security checks are being done in the stations. Value for money Convenience
- "Very good" Hsiu-mei c. 21/06/2016
it was a convenience trip. Value for money Convenience