Italian International trainsItaly : Trenitalia
Save $45 with code EUROPE1743 - book 3 months in advance
Save $30 with code EUROPE1727 - book 2 months in advance
Save $15 with code EUROPE1711 - book 1 month in advance
- Zurich - Milan: 03:41
- Book up to 120 days in advance
- High Speed trains
travellers in 2015
years of rail travel experience
Italian International trains
Italian Int. trains. Ideal to travel between Italy and Zurich, Geneva, Basel, Budapest, Zagreb etc.
The Italian International service is one of the most practical to reach your destination in comfort and quiet whether that’s Spain, France, Switzerland, Germany, Austria or Eastern Europe. Your arrival in the next European country on your list will be via the majestic snow-capped peaks of the Dolomites and the Alps if you travel on board a high-speed Italian International train from Italy. Experience the beautiful landscapes on board Italian International trains which have comfortable carriages and shorter journey times. The best way to travel between countries served by the Italian International trains.
Popular journeys and travel durations
Main destinations for the Italian International Trains include Barcelona, Venice, Ljubljana, Zagreb, Budapest, and Zurich.
|Florence – Milan||2h 55|
|Venice – Milan||2h 57|
|Milan – Zurich||3h 38|
|Milan – Geneva||3h 43|
|Milan – Basel||4h 26|
|Zurich – Stuttgart||3h 04|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- Italian International trains tickets are open for booking 120 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Receive your ticket directly to your address. Just take them with you and you are ready to travel. Shipping fees apply.
Seat reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Experience the service
All the main Italian stations have trolleys, baggage lockers, foreign exchange facilities, restaurants, car rental offices etc.Ticket control will occur on board the trains from Italy.
|First class||Second class|
|Air conditioned carriages Makes it bliss when travelling during the summer period.|
|Restaurant car Drinks, snacks and delicious meals, to make the most of your trip.|
|Welcome drink Nothing more refreshing than being welcomed by a drink from the friendly staff.|
|Newspapers and magazines Grab your free international/local newspaper or magazine and enjoy the ride.|
|Meal and drink A delicious meal and drinks are served at seat on board. small>|
Interactive Rail Map
- A. It's easy! Use the self service kiosks at the rail station to retrieve your tickets in a few easy steps.
- A. A pass holder is a reduced fare that can be purchased in place of a ticket. It requires the use of 1 day on a rail pass and is generally required for high-speed trains.
- A. With most passes the pass will start the when you get your pass validated by a rail official.
- A. You can request 2 double compartments or a T4 if this type of accommodation is offered on the train you wish to travel on.
Q. On Eurostar, what are the differences between the Business Premier, Leisure Select, and Standard Classes of service?A. Business Premier class is dedicated to serving the business traveler with its superior service. Business travelers can expect a nonsmoking car, fast lane check-in, use of the Executive Lounges, breakfast or a 3-course lunch or dinner with choice of entrée and wine, complimentary drink, newspapers, Wifi access in the terminal and lap top sockets on board the train. Leisure Select tickets provide complimentary food (including a 3-course dinner), beverages, and newspapers while you relax in your reclining seat. Full Fare tickets gives you access to the Eurostar Lounge. Standard Class offers comfort, convenience, and value. Enjoy the bar car, or purchase snacks and refreshments from the trolley cart when it comes to your seat.
- A. No. There are no youth discounts for the extension. You can however have a discount if you are under 26 when buying a German Rail Pass. That means you will travel in 2nd class.
- A. Many people take advantage of additional time they have in a city, then they board their overnight train. You depart from one city and arrive in your destination the next morning, refreshed and ready to start your day. It also saves you money that you may have spent on a hotel.
- A. The Swiss Family Card is a terrific value that allows children under 16 years of age to travel free when accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. The card is free, simply request one at the time you purchase your Swiss Pass. If you forget to mention it, then present your Swiss pass before boarding the train at any Swiss train station ticket window, at the time of validation and advise them that you need a Family Card. They will be able to provide you one.
- A. There are no check-in or customs procedures before boarding a Frecciarossa train. Though, ticket control and passport checks will occur on board Frecciarossa train.
- A. Most major train stations have lockers or luggage storage available at an additional cost. Make sure you have some change available if you are planning to use a locker.
answered | Posted by aloysius w. | Comments 0 | Created: 21/02/2016
answered | Posted by Thomas T. | Comments 0 | Created: 14/02/2016
answered | Posted by Mike W. | Comments 2 | Created: 03/02/2016
answered | Posted by John U. | Comments 0 | Created: 01/02/2016
answered | Posted by Mohammad A. | Comments 0 | Created: 26/01/2016
Reviews & ratings Italian International trains
Overall rating (256)
Overall appreciationExcellent 30% Very good 37% Average 18% Poor 6% Terrible 8%
- "lovely way to travel" . 06/01/2017
mush better than flying as you would miss the gorgeous views. 5 stars for convenience
- "Good experience." Robert t. 02/01/2017
No problems encountered, train was punctual, cabin comfortable. Value for money Convenience
- "Scenic" Mun Wai James k. 19/12/2016
Scenic ride Value for money Convenience
- "Zurich to Como" Louise p. 06/12/2016
So relaxing and comfortable, and the scenery was amazing! Value for money Convenience
- "Italy " Iwan t. 02/12/2016
convenience and great coast along the way... Value for money Convenience
- "Good trip but..." Guillaume o. 17/10/2016
Problem of seat reservation No family space Delay of 30 minutes Value for money Convenience
- "Rome to Salzburg" Stefan w. 15/10/2016
This leg of the journey went very smoothly apart from the ability to store our luggage. As we are older folk it was immediately obvious I was not going to be able to lift our suitcases up into the overhead luggage racks and as a result we found space for them behind our seat as we were sitting in a four seat pod. As the trip continued people stored their luggage at the front of the carriage for possibly the same reason as us. I would recommend some storage racks at the back of the carriage similar to other trains we travelled on. Value for money Convenience
- "Comfortable -Easy" Stephanie b. 29/09/2016
Good train trip from Milano to Spiez. Comfortable cabin/seats/ride. Value for money Convenience
- "Smooth trip cramped foot space" Martin m. 19/09/2016
We three rode in first class. We were assigned seats in a four-seat-with-table bay, and were joined by a fourth for most of the trip. It would have been much more comfortable to be in separate seats, since the foot space under the tables is quite limited. In all other respects the trip was nearly as good as in first class on the TGV. Not quite as fast or smooth, and not as good food service, but generally fine and certainly far better than air travel. We will use this again. Value for money Convenience
- "WORST TRAIN" Harshal g. 08/08/2016
The Train was very poorly maintained. No cleanliness and Toilet was not working. I Even lost my Wallet on train and no one helped me out. Value for money Convenience
- "NICE TRIP" Hoi Yan c. 03/08/2016
the train is on time but the space for luggage is too small. Value for money Convenience
- "Trip to Swiss " Suresh k. 03/08/2016
Excellent Service ... Punctuality to the core .... Clean and well maintained compartments ... Staff very courteous .... Recommended 100 times if not more .... keep up the good work Value for money Convenience
- "vacation" Dennis v. 02/08/2016
thought first class was bigger (comparing to TGV Lyria). Also too many stops. Convenience
- "Most convenient way to travel " Wai Ling l. 03/07/2016
Train was comfortable and punctual! Helps to buy the ticket in advance if you know your travel times as it's cheaper than buying on the spot! Value for money Convenience
- "Good and worth" Wing Yick Louis c. 27/06/2016
It was fast and comfortable. It also saved our money Value for money Convenience