Italian International trainsItaly : Trenitalia
- Zurich - Milan: 03:41
- Book up to 120 days in advance
- High Speed trains
travellers in 2015
years of rail travel experience
Italian International trains
Italian Int. trains. Ideal to travel between Italy and Zurich, Geneva, Basel, Budapest, Zagreb etc.
The Italian International service is one of the most practical to reach your destination in comfort and quiet whether that’s Spain, France, Switzerland, Germany, Austria or Eastern Europe. Your arrival in the next European country on your list will be via the majestic snow-capped peaks of the Dolomites and the Alps if you travel on board a high-speed Italian International train from Italy. Experience the beautiful landscapes on board Italian International trains which have comfortable carriages and shorter journey times. The best way to travel between countries served by the Italian International trains.
Popular journeys and travel durations
Main destinations for the Italian International Trains include Barcelona, Venice, Ljubljana, Zagreb, Budapest, and Zurich.
|Florence – Milan||2h 55|
|Venice – Milan||2h 57|
|Milan – Zurich||3h 38|
|Milan – Geneva||3h 43|
|Milan – Basel||4h 26|
|Zurich – Stuttgart||3h 04|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- Italian International trains tickets are open for booking 120 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Receive your ticket directly to your address. Just take them with you and you are ready to travel. Shipping fees apply.
Seat reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Experience the service
All the main Italian stations have trolleys, baggage lockers, foreign exchange facilities, restaurants, car rental offices etc.Ticket control will occur on board the trains from Italy.
|First class||Second class|
|Air conditioned carriages Makes it bliss when travelling during the summer period.|
|Restaurant car Drinks, snacks and delicious meals, to make the most of your trip.|
|Welcome drink Nothing more refreshing than being welcomed by a drink from the friendly staff.|
|Newspapers and magazines Grab your free international/local newspaper or magazine and enjoy the ride.|
|Meal and drink A delicious meal and drinks are served at seat on board. small>|
Interactive Rail Map
- A. In order to accommodate a group of 5 travelers, you will need to do 2 separate requests. You have the following options: * 2 passengers in a double, and the other 3 in a T3 compartment (if offered). * 4 passengers in a T4 (if offered) and 1 passenger in a single. * 4 passengers split into 2 double compartments, and 1 passenger in a single. * Reserve all 5 in a T6 compartment. Options a, b, and c will need to be requested separately as it has been broken down. Option d can be requested all at once.
- A. First class on the TGV East offers ergonomic reclining seats with head and foot rests, non-smoking coaches, individual power outlets, reading light, ability to book a taxi for your arrival with staff on the train and a restaurant car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase. Second class on the TGV East offers ergonomic reclining seats with head and foot rests, non-smoking coaches and a restaurant car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase.
- A. With most passes the pass will start the when you get your pass validated by a rail official.
- A. Train stations in Europe are very traveler friendly. Once arriving to the station there are large Departure and Arrival Boards located in the center of the most stations. Match the train number and departure time on your reservation / ticket to the train number listed on the departure board. Once you have found your train on the Departure Board, you will find a platform number where your train will be departing from. Upon arriving to your platform you will notice that each car (also known as a coach) number on the train is clearly indicated on the side of each coach. Check your reservation / ticket for your car/coach number. You notice the class of service will also be listed in addition to the car/coach number on the side of the train. Once onboard the train, you will find that similar to an airplane each seat is clearly labeled with a number. Match the seat number on your reservation / ticket number to seat number in the train car / coach. Train stations in Europe have international pictograms that are easy to understand and are used in international airports. These pictograms will assist you once you arrive to the station. If you still have difficulty in finding your train, the stations staff can always help point you in the right direction.
- A. It's easy! Use the self service kiosks at the rail station to retrieve your tickets in a few easy steps.
Q. Can I get a discount on train travel in Great Britain when I purchase a Eurail or Eurail Select Pass?A. No, but you are eligible for a passholder fare on Eurostar, which travels from Paris or Brussels to London. For travel in Great Britain we offer BritRail products to help you travel around the country.
- A. Some passes may be purchased in Europe at a higher cost. It is best to place your order before you departure to ensure that you have your paper documents in hand.
- A. Yes. Passengers can use baggage lockers which are found between the coaches. However they have to make a 1 euro deposit. There are also luggage areas at the end of the carriage which can be used without any supplement.
- A. There are no check-in or customs procedures before boarding a Frecciarossa train. Though, ticket control and passport checks will occur on board Frecciarossa train.
- A. The Eurail Italy Pass is the best choice if you want to spend your time exploring Italy. Eurail Italy pass is valid for one month, and the number of travel days available varies from 3 to 10 days.
answered | Posted by aloysius w. | Comments 0 | Created: 21/02/2016
answered | Posted by Thomas T. | Comments 0 | Created: 14/02/2016
answered | Posted by Mike W. | Comments 2 | Created: 03/02/2016
answered | Posted by John U. | Comments 0 | Created: 01/02/2016
answered | Posted by Mohammad A. | Comments 0 | Created: 26/01/2016
Reviews & ratings Italian International trains
Overall rating (256)
Overall appreciationExcellent 30% Very good 37% Average 18% Poor 6% Terrible 8%
- "Good experience." Robert t. 02/01/2017
No problems encountered, train was punctual, cabin comfortable. Value for money Convenience
- "Scenic" Mun Wai James k. 19/12/2016
Scenic ride Value for money Convenience
- "Zurich to Como" Louise p. 06/12/2016
So relaxing and comfortable, and the scenery was amazing! Value for money Convenience
- "Italy " Iwan t. 02/12/2016
convenience and great coast along the way... Value for money Convenience
- "Good trip but..." Guillaume o. 17/10/2016
Problem of seat reservation No family space Delay of 30 minutes Value for money Convenience
- "Rome to Salzburg" Stefan w. 15/10/2016
This leg of the journey went very smoothly apart from the ability to store our luggage. As we are older folk it was immediately obvious I was not going to be able to lift our suitcases up into the overhead luggage racks and as a result we found space for them behind our seat as we were sitting in a four seat pod. As the trip continued people stored their luggage at the front of the carriage for possibly the same reason as us. I would recommend some storage racks at the back of the carriage similar to other trains we travelled on. Value for money Convenience
- "Comfortable -Easy" Stephanie b. 29/09/2016
Good train trip from Milano to Spiez. Comfortable cabin/seats/ride. Value for money Convenience
- "Smooth trip cramped foot space" Martin m. 19/09/2016
We three rode in first class. We were assigned seats in a four-seat-with-table bay, and were joined by a fourth for most of the trip. It would have been much more comfortable to be in separate seats, since the foot space under the tables is quite limited. In all other respects the trip was nearly as good as in first class on the TGV. Not quite as fast or smooth, and not as good food service, but generally fine and certainly far better than air travel. We will use this again. Value for money Convenience
- "WORST TRAIN" Harshal g. 08/08/2016
The Train was very poorly maintained. No cleanliness and Toilet was not working. I Even lost my Wallet on train and no one helped me out. Value for money Convenience
- "NICE TRIP" Hoi Yan c. 03/08/2016
the train is on time but the space for luggage is too small. Value for money Convenience
- "Trip to Swiss " Suresh k. 03/08/2016
Excellent Service ... Punctuality to the core .... Clean and well maintained compartments ... Staff very courteous .... Recommended 100 times if not more .... keep up the good work Value for money Convenience
- "vacation" Dennis v. 02/08/2016
thought first class was bigger (comparing to TGV Lyria). Also too many stops. Convenience
- "Most convenient way to travel " Wai Ling l. 03/07/2016
Train was comfortable and punctual! Helps to buy the ticket in advance if you know your travel times as it's cheaper than buying on the spot! Value for money Convenience
- "Good and worth" Wing Yick Louis c. 27/06/2016
It was fast and comfortable. It also saved our money Value for money Convenience
- "Car Cancelled" Karen w. 25/06/2016
We pre-paid and received in the mail, 4 upgraded tickets to travel from Munich to Bologna. When the train pulled into the station, there was no car with our assigned number. I asked train personel about our car, and was rudely told that it had been cancelled and to "go sit over there". (Pointing to another car w/empty seats.) The car we were directed to sit in, were lower class seats than what we had paid for. The car had little air conditioning and the seats were very uncomfortable. I would like a refund for the difference in the value of the seats for which we prepaid. I would also like to request that train personel receive an education on how to interact with customers. Thank you. Value for money Convenience