Italian trains: Frecciargento
Save $45 with code EUROPE1743 - book 3 months in advance
Save $30 with code EUROPE1727 - book 2 months in advance
Save $15 with code EUROPE1711 - book 1 month in advance
- Book up to 120 days in advance
- High Speed trains
5.5 milliontravellers in 2015
75+years of rail travel experience
Italian trains: Frecciargento
Frecciargento, high speed trains serving all main cities like Rome, Venice, Reggio Calabria and more.
Frecciargento trains are part of the Frecce high speed trains. The other Frecce trains are Frecciarossa and Frecciabianca. The trains, operated by Trenitalia, travel at a speed of up to 250 km/h. They operate on both high speed and classic lines. Frecciargento are modern trains offering comfort and quality to travellers in Italy.
Popular journeys and travel durations
|Main routes||Travel time|
|Rome||Villa S Giovanni||04:55||$129|
|Rome||Reggio Di Calab V||05:12||$129|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- Italian trains: Frecciargento tickets are open for booking 120 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Print @ home
Print your ticket anywhere and anytime before your travel. Skip shipping fees.
Seat Reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Experience the service
Frecciargento trains stop at the main railway stations in medium and big cities.
|First class||Second class|
|Bar buffet car Access to the bar buffet car where snacks and beverages can be bought. small>|
|Comfortable seats Spacious seats with a headrest and generous legroom. small>|
|Reclining seats Cosy with more legroom, reclining seats are ideal to enjoy the trip. small>|
|Power sockets Ideal to plug your laptop, phone or any electronic device from your seat. small>|
Interactive Rail Map
- A. From Germany, several cities in bordering countries can be reached. The Intercity Express (ICE) goes to Brussels, the DB Expressbus to Prague, the DB-ÖBB Eurocity to Kufstein and Innsbruck and the DB-ÖBB Eurocity to Bolzzano/Bozen, Verona, Bologna and Venice.
- A. Toilets are easily accessible on all the trains and are usually marked with the letters WC. Toilets can usually be found at the front or back of each train car (also known as a coach), and will include a sink, toilet and a locking door.
Q. On Eurostar, what are the differences between the Business Premier, Leisure Select, and Standard Classes of service?A. Business Premier class is dedicated to serving the business traveler with its superior service. Business travelers can expect a nonsmoking car, fast lane check-in, use of the Executive Lounges, breakfast or a 3-course lunch or dinner with choice of entrée and wine, complimentary drink, newspapers, Wifi access in the terminal and lap top sockets on board the train. Leisure Select tickets provide complimentary food (including a 3-course dinner), beverages, and newspapers while you relax in your reclining seat. Full Fare tickets gives you access to the Eurostar Lounge. Standard Class offers comfort, convenience, and value. Enjoy the bar car, or purchase snacks and refreshments from the trolley cart when it comes to your seat.
- A. Most major train stations have lockers or luggage storage available at an additional cost. Make sure you have some change available if you are planning to use a locker. We have information about luggage storage on our train station information pages.
- A. Rail passes for children are generally half the adult fare. Some passes do not offer a child pass. Child tickets are offered on most trains and vary by train type. They are generally about half of an adult ticket. The Swiss Pass allows children under 16 to travel free when they are traveling with a parent who is holding a Swiss Pass. On BritRail passes, children 5 through 15 are free with each paying adult.
- A. Sleeping accommodations vary according to the train and route. The most common compartments are Singles, Doubles and Couchettes. Some offer T3, T4, and Deluxe sleepers.
- A. A "point to point ticket" is a rail ticket valid on a specific route, between two city stations whereas a Eurail Select Pass offers unlimited travel in 3 to 5 adjoining countries on a total list of 24 countries. The Eurail Select Pass allows you to save money if travelling mainly by train from one country to another.
Q. Can I borrow my travel partner’s rail pass if I prefer visiting Prague and that my partner wants to visit Hamburg?A. No, this is not possible as the extension must be accompanied by your nominative rail pass bearing your passport number, name and country of residence.
- A. Taking an overnight train is like adding a touch of adventure to your trip! Depending on the type of compartment you reserve, you will either be bunking with new found friends, or sharing a private room with your travel companions. Remember, you are on a train so the amount of space in each overnight compartment is not overwhelming. If you have booked a private sleeper, you will have more room to move around in and store your belongings. Please note that on some overnight trains you can expect to have your passports collected by railway officials on the train. This is primarily for your security. Your passport will be guarded overnight and then returned to you in the morning.
- A. When travelling with Thalys, you can carry a maximum of two suitcases per paying passenger (the largest side must be equal to 85 centimetres) and one item of hand luggage.
answered | Posted by Ebrahim A. | Comments 0 | Created: 22/11/2016
answered | Posted by Amr A. | Comments 0 | Created: 18/09/2016
answered | Posted by Maria R. | Comments 0 | Created: 20/07/2016
answered | Posted by Yshai S. | Comments 0 | Created: 07/07/2016
answered | Posted by SYED N. | Comments 6 | Created: 24/05/2016
Reviews & ratings Italian trains: Frecciargento
Overall appreciationExcellent % Very good % Average % Poor % Terrible %
- "Good experience" Reinhard t. 13/01/2017
Excellent Wifi delivery could improve.. Value for money Convenience
- "Best way to travel " Lynn b. 12/11/2016
Traveliing by Italian trains is fantastic....the trains are fast, well presented, station directions easy to understand. A very comfortable way to travel. Value for money Convenience
- "Frecciarossa" Seong Onn c. 31/10/2016
It will be great if the platform can be advised a bit earlier rather than just a couple of minutes before the train departs. Value for money Convenience
- "Smooth journey" Archi Mohan s. 27/10/2016
Smooth journey to the destination.. Value for money Convenience
- "Tour by Trenitalia" Sudtheera c. 19/10/2016
I really like travel by Train, but On Sunday, they don't have train at 05.30 am. from Venezia To Roma as I have to be in Rome Airport before 10.00 am. Please consider. Value for money Convenience
- "good trip" . 17/10/2016
- "Let’s go by Tranitalia" Sudtheera c. 17/10/2016
The train was on time, safe. You can go anywhere you want. Start from the Airport, downtown and to country side. Salute!!!! Value for money Convenience
- "Train travel in Italy " Susan r. 17/10/2016
I always enjoy train travel in Italy. I find the trains are punctual, comfortable, and good value. Value for money Convenience
- "train " . 09/10/2016
at the time of train...the platform number anouncement is late...just few minutes few train time..so please correct it
- "trip to firenze was exelent" . 09/10/2016
we enjoy the train very much/ only wi fi was too complecate to use
- "Quick " Marian d. 28/09/2016
Trains run regularly so it is easy to find a time to suit you. Comfortable seating for a 2 hour ride between Venice and Florence. Far better than driving! Value for money Convenience
- "Needs improvement" Yee Peng k. 21/09/2016
We realize the security of train is not good, anyone can just move others luggage out in between stops. I have also noticed few people encounter this security issue and they have to personally stand near the luggage storage to make sure their luggage has been stolen. Some improvement needs to be done, to make passengers feel safe. Toilet is faulty and dirty, need improvement too. Value for money Convenience
- "Train padova rome" Dilbahar a. 21/09/2016
nice and quiet journey after some standig around due to some chaos caused by a big group of travellers. Arrival in time Value for money Convenience
- "Roma - Bologna" Colin s. 20/09/2016
Train was clean. The only thing that was a problem was a lack of storage areas for bags / luggage. Value for money Convenience
- "Nice!" Ceshulla r. 08/09/2016
I will definitely book my next trip with you guys ;) Value for money Convenience