TGV France-ItalyFrance : SNCF
Save $45 with code EUROPE1743 - book 3 months in advance
Save $30 with code EUROPE1727 - book 2 months in advance
Save $15 with code EUROPE1711 - book 1 month in advance
- Paris - Milan: 07:07
- Book up to 120 days in advance
- High Speed trains
travellers in 2015
years of rail travel experience
TGV France-Italy high speed trains are best for a multi-city visit. They link Paris to Turin or Milan.
The high speed day train from Paris to Rome and Rome to Paris offers 3 daily round trips to link the capital cities of France and Italy. Operating at 270 km/h, the train offers a unique experience. You can comfortably enjoy the beautiful landscape of France and Italy. Bar services and meals are available on board. With a total of 12 stops between Paris and Rome, the TGV France-Italy train makes it possible to have a multi-city excursion. When travelling in 1st class on international journeys, your meal can be served at your seat. Food and drinks remain at your expense.
Popular journeys and travel durations
Main destinations include Paris, Torino and Milan in France and Italy.
|Paris Gare de Lyon - Torino Porta Susa||5h 30|
|Torino Porta Susa – Milano Porta Garibaldi||1h 33|
|Milan||St Jean De Maurienne||03:33||$26|
|Turin||St Jean De Maurienne||01:54||$58|
|Turin||Aix Les Bains||02:49||$92|
|Turin||Bourg En Bresse||03:55||$92|
|Turin||Lyon St Exupery Airport||03:47||$47|
|Lyon St Exupery Airport||Milan||05:02||$47|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- TGV France-Italy tickets are open for booking 120 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Receive your ticket directly to your address. Just take them with you and you are ready to travel. Shipping fees apply.
Print @ home
Print your ticket anywhere and anytime before your travel. Skip shipping fees.
Print @ Station (from France)
Go to a self-service ticket machine and enter your reference to retrieve your ticket. Skip shipping fees.
Seat reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Experience the service
Gare de Lyon in Paris, Torino Porta Susa and Milano Porta Garibaldi are all railway stations which have excellent transport links.There is no check-in before boarding the platform however you must be on board at the latest 2 minutes prior to the departure time, beyond which access to the train cannot be guaranteed.
|First class||Second class|
|Reclining seats Cosy with more legroom, reclining seats are ideal to enjoy the trip. small>|
|Newspapers and magazines Grab your free international/local newspaper or magazine and enjoy the ride. small>|
|Bar buffet car Access to the bar buffet car where snacks and beverages can be bought. small>|
|Subway tickets Tickets for Paris Metro and Milan Metro are on sale on board, allowing to save time and avoid confusion. small>|
|Kid’s facilities There is a nursery area on board for infants. small>|
|Seating/Club Space Travel in the intimacy of Club Space or seated next to your companion. small>|
|Meal and drink A delicious meal and drinks are served at seat on board. small>|
In 1st or 2nd class, always travel in comfort
- Onboard of TGV France-Italy trains, you can travel in 1st class which offers large and comfortable reclining seats. You can choose a “solo seat” which offers more privacy in order to fully enjoy your train journey. Travelling onboard of the TGV France-Italy in 2nd class allows you to have 2 adjoining seats or a “Carré” space with generous legroom.
Time saver: Subway tickets are available for sale onboard of TGV France-Italy
- Plan your journey to save time and hassle. Tickets for subway rail services in Milan and Paris can now be purchased at the buffet-bar on all France-Italy TGVs.
Meals and Beverages
- Quench your thirst and sate your hunger! TGV France-Italy trains have a bar-buffet which offers a large selection of beverages and snacks, be it in 1st class or 2nd class. You can enjoy your drinks or snacks seated comfortably.
Interactive Rail Map
- A. When travelling to Switzerland, or departing from this country, your ticket does not need to be punched. Ticket inspectors will check your ticket during your Lyria journey. You should be able to produce currently valid proof of eligibility for the fare you have chosen at any time.
- A. The BritRail Family Pass allows one child between the ages of 5 and 15 to travel free with an adult or senior BritRail Pass holder.
- A. Toilets are easily accessible on all the trains and are usually marked with the letters WC. Toilets can usually be found at the front or back of each train car (also known as a coach), and will include a sink, toilet and a locking door.
- A. A saver pass is a discount rate for a group of 2-5 passengers traveling together at all times. All names will be printed on a single pass, therefore passengers will not be able to travel independently.
- A. We are unable to ship tickets purchased on Raileurope outside of your country of residence. We recommend that you have all travel documents in hand before departing from your country of residence.
- A. A travel day is any travel between 12 midnight on one day to 12 midnight of the following day (i.e. a 24-hour period). On each travel day, you can take as many trains or participating ferries as you wish.
- A. On-board Frecciarossa trains, the official luggage allowance is two large bags or suitcases and one piece of hand luggage. It’s enough to enjoy a very long trip and explore the richness of Italy.
- A. From London to Paris and vice versa, Eurostar offers frequent service: every 30 minutes during peak hours and approximately once per hour during non-peak time. During the peak summer season, up to 24 trains run daily to Paris. From London to Brussels and vice versa, service is offered approximately every 2 hours. During summer, Eurostar offers daily service to Disneyland Paris. During winter, there is 1 train a week.
- A. Check-in is usually open 30 minutes before AVE train leaves and is closed 2 minutes before departure. Also, bear in mind that ticket control and passport checks will occur before boarding AVE Trains. For travellers carrying Eurail Pass including Spain – just remember that you need to validate your pass prior to boarding AVE trains and get a reservation.
- A. Like most high-speed trains in Europe, you need to make a booking when travelling with Thalys. Passholders with passes covering the whole Thalys route (Eurail Global Pass, Eurail Select Pass including France, Benelux or Germany, depending on the route, Eurail and Benelux-France) benefit from special Passholder fares. Just bear in mind that some passes covering partially the Thalys sector like France Rail Pass but also Eurail passes including Benelux-France / France-Germany / France-Italy / France-Spain / France-Switzerland / Benelux also offer special Passholder deals. German Rail Pass is not valid on Thalys routes to Germany.
answered | Posted by Gary F. | Comments 0 | Created: 17/02/2017
answered | Posted by Dean K. | Comments 0 | Created: 14/02/2017
answered | Posted by Ana L. | Comments 0 | Created: 06/02/2017
answered | Posted by Nandakumar K. | Comments 2 | Created: 05/02/2017
answered | Posted by Prajakta R. | Comments 0 | Created: 04/02/2017
Reviews & ratings TGV France-Italy
Overall rating (164)
Overall appreciationExcellent 38% Very good 34% Average 18% Poor 4% Terrible 6%
- "Nice experience in second clas" Mohamed a. 25/12/2016
The experience was good however need more information for travelers who is traveling first time The cafeteria should be more equipped with simple things such as cups with cover ! Value for money Convenience
- "Very good" Chirag a. 11/11/2016
thanks for good journey Value for money Convenience
- "Good experience " Sandra t. 18/10/2016
We enjoyed our 1st class experience on the Italian Train.All good except for the passenger information at the stations.Absolutely awful,one person to deal with non nationals.Took an age and patience. Value for money Convenience
- "Good but misrepresented." . 10/10/2016
Easy booking, reasonable price, easy boarding comfortable. No wi-fi which was claimed.
- "Nice way to recharge" Jesus Amado s. 06/10/2016
The seven hour ride from Paris to Milan is a great way to relax and recharge after a hectic week of sightseeing in Paris. The ride is smooth and quiet, so reading a book or taking a nap are pleasant options, as is just looking out your window watching the beautiful scenery whiz by. The train has a bar car, but we opted to pack our own lunch and snacks. There's plenty of room overhead and in compartments located near the center of the coach for luggage, but be warned that the aisles are not that wide, so try to pack light and make sure you can lug your bag onto the train and through the aisles. It was a very pleasant trip and before we knew it we were arriving in Milano. Strange how seven hours on a train doesn't feel anywhere as bad as the same time on a plane. Value for money Convenience
- "Good trip" Kathleen w. 27/09/2016
Excellent help from staff when needed Value for money Convenience
- "Porto SUSA to Lyon Part Dieu" Hari s. 24/09/2016
The train was delayed finally by 3 hours and updates and information or person to assist was not available. Susa station is quite small and with many persons waiting the facilities and comfort at the platform were also limited. Overall was a negative impact on my travel and inconvenienced me to a great extent, even though the situation may have been out of TGV hands. Value for money Convenience
- "Loved this trip" Carol m. 15/09/2016
Upgraded to 1st class. Well worth it. This train journey was not long enough! Comfortable, able to charge my phone and use wifi. Value for money Convenience
- "Not bad" Yu-ling h. 11/09/2016
No wi-fi Value for money Convenience
- "Beautiful France " Aleida v. 04/09/2016
I went from Paris to Turin and vice versa. So I saw the beautiful landscape of France. Frst south of Paris and then in the direction of Lyon and the Alps and Italy. On the journey back from Turin to Paris there wre lots of tunnels in the Alps-region, so I missed a great deal of the scenery that I had seen on the first trip. But after that part everything was beautiful again. Very good staff on board of the train. Wonderful speed. Value for money Convenience
- "Practical way of travelling" Christopher p. 09/08/2016
We had a comfortable and pleasant trip from Torino, Italy, to Paris, France. The food service was good. If only the toilets would have been working properly and the clean up team would have showed up more than once, everything would have been perfect. Nevertheless, the 6 hour trip went very fast. Value for money Convenience
- "Our Italian Holiday" Iain c. 03/08/2016
Absolutely brilliant! Value for money Convenience
- "Very good" Ladda c. 18/07/2016
Value for money Convenience
- "Nice trip" Airton Jose s. 29/06/2016
Again it was a nice trip, but nothing to brag about it. However, what the survey is not asking is about my trip within Spain - Barcelona to Madrid and Malaga - That was the best; the train is very nice their service was awesome. Value for money Convenience
- "review" . 28/06/2016
very good train journey , enjoyed