Why choose us?
900,000 travellers in 2012
N° 1 distributor of train tickets.
Helpful travel experts
Our dedicated staff at your service.
All of Europe, one place to buy your tickets!
Rail Europe Travel+
Free coupons, train travel guide and more.
Member of Trusted Commerce program.
Need assistance planning ?
Review and ratings (3362)
Experience comfort and style, upgrade to 1st class!
Find a point to point ticket
Thalys, also known as the red train connects Brussels and the Benelux with destinations in France, Germany and the Netherlands at speeds of up to 300 km/hr. In 2009 Thalys launched a new section of high-speed line, cutting journey times. Today Thalys trains cross Benelux from Paris in less than 3 and a half hours.
With frequent services – up to 23 daily returns between Paris and Brussels alone – it’s easy to add another destination to your itinerary with Thalys.
Thalys tickets are available up to three months before departure; we recommend that you book early to benefit from the best fares. While there is no check-in to board Thalys trains, reservation is required on Thalys and is included within the price of your Rail Europe ticket.
Popular journeys and travel durations
Thalys offers direct and high-speed services between Brussels, Paris, Amsterdam and Cologne. Aboard Thalys trains you can reach city centres in the pure tradition of comfort and service at high speed.
|Paris - Brussels||1h22|
|Paris - Cologne||3h14|
|Paris - Amsterdam||3h18|
|Paris - Düsseldorf||3h47|
|Brussels - Amsterdam||1h53|
|Brussels - Cologne||1h47|
|Brussels - Düsseldorf||2h20|
|Antwerp - Amsterdam Schiphol||0h57|Paris Amsterdam 03:16 $63 Paris Brussels 01:20 $45 Brussels Amsterdam 01:49 $52 Cologne Paris 03:15 $63 Paris Brugge 02:28 $101 Brussels Cologne 01:47 $52 Rotterdam Paris 02:37 $81 Dusseldorf Paris 03:47 $88 Rotterdam Amsterdam 00:36 $38 Antwerp Paris 02:02 $63 Rotterdam Brussels 01:10 $58 Antwerp Brussels 00:35 $34 Cologne Dusseldorf 00:23 $18 Paris Aachen 02:35 $52 Brussels Aachen 01:08 $41
Buy your public transport tickets from the bar-buffet whilst onboard.
Booking & Ticket deliveryBooking :
- Thalys tickets are open for booking 90 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Ticket delivery option(s) :
|Paper ticket||Receive your ticket directly to your address. Just take them with you and you are ready to travel. Shipping fees apply.|
|Print @ home||Print your ticket anywhere and anytime before your travel. Skip shipping fees.||Printing guide|
|Print @ Station||Go to a self-service ticket machine and enter your reference to retrieve your ticket. Skip shipping fees.||Printing guide|
Seat reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Feeling like taking an extensive break in the Old Continent? Thalys high-speed trains could take you between France, Belgium, Netherlands and Germany with style and comfort at speeds of up to 300 km/hr.
Experience the service
Before you board
|First class||Second class|
|Reclining seats Cosy with more legroom, reclining seats are ideal to enjoy the trip. small>||√|
|Meal and drink A delicious meal and drinks are served at seat on board. small>||√|
|Newspapers and magazines Grab your free international/local newspaper or magazine and enjoy the ride. small>||√|
|Taxi reservation Pre-book a taxi and don’t waste time when you get off at your destination. At an additional cost. small>||√|
|WiFi Internet Enjoy the freedom to read your emails, surf and listen to online music thanks to the wireless internet on board. small>||√||√|
|Bar buffet car Access to the bar buffet car where snacks and beverages can be bought. small>||√||√|
Meal services on Thalys trains
- In 1st class you receive a full meal on board Thalys trains, in the comfort of your own seat. Meals served are breakfast, lunch and dinner and include a choice of drinks, cold starter and main course, bread and dessert. In 2nd class you have full access to the bar buffet, which offers (you) a selection of food and beverages, as well as organic and fair trade products. Whichever class you travel on Thalys, and whatever time of day it is, you know that you will not be hungry!
Stay connected with Thalys!
- WI-FI connection is available on board all Thalys trains, so that you can work as you travel, or be in touch with friends and family via your computer. This service is complimentary for 1st class passengers and also available for 2nd class passengers, but at an additional cost. So if you need to stay connected you can – keeping continuity in your busy work day or organising your social life for the evening!
Thalys helps you get to "Any Belgian Station"
- Thalys works very closely with the SNCB train network to ensure good coordination and continuity of service. The “Any Belgian Station” fare includes both the Thalys and the Belgian leg of the journey, at a minimal extra cost, and is valid for two days either before or after your Thalys journey. You have no need to book a reservation for the local Belgian train ride – as you can imagine, this fare is convenient and saves time! Let Thalys help make travelling in Belgium easy for you!
Travelling with a Thalys train, or the red train as it is also called, means having an hassle-free journey with a touch of style and sophistication.
Interactive travel map
Review and ratings
Overall rating (3362)
Overall appreciationExcellent 44% Very good 35% Average 16% Poor 3% Terrible 2%
"I have no complain" Evita s.
It was a pleasant ride. Attendants were polite and helpful . Seat is comfortable. Toilet was clean. Food was not bad! I will take the train again when traveling in Europe. Value for money Convenience
"Awesome Service" Patrick c.
Travelled from Amsterdam to Brussels and received awesome service. The rail car was clean and staff we attentive and pleasant. Thanks for the pleasurable ride. Value for money Convenience
"?" Vadim l.
only internet connection was not good Value for money Convenience
"Train travel" Milan k.
*****Excellent Value for money Convenience
"convenience" Mohd Alamin p.
Traveling by train is very convenient at reasonable price. Train departure n arrival is on time. Excellent! ! Convenience
"From Bruxelles to Paris Nord" Eran t.
Fast travelling, good connection to Metro and RER, price is too expensive Value for money Convenience
"Wonderful experience" Sangita g.
It was a fabulous experience - very relaxing, punctual and extremely convenient. Highly recommended for travellers looking for comfortable, time-saving travel options. A suggestion - some reading material could be provided for the passengers. Value for money Convenience
"Paris to Brussels" Donovan w.
Good, clean and efficient service. Would definitely use again Value for money Convenience
"My Train Journey" Edward s.
I have to admit that taking the train from Amsterdam to Paris wasn't my first choice. I decided upon it when I was unable to book a flight. I now realise that it should've been my first choice. Taking the train meant there was no need to get from the city centre to the airport with all the stresses that a flight entails eg finding security, waiting to board the plane, the flight itself - never a pleasant experience for me, finding my way to the centre of Paris. Instead I boarded a train at Amsterdam Central and left it at Paris Gare du Nord following a pleasant relaxing journey. 10 minutes later I checked into my hotel at the start of my stay in Paris. The best way to travel. Value for money Convenience
"happy holiday on thalys" Cholthida s.
Easy to book , price is appropriate, toiler is like on the plane,-very clean and enuugh for passenger. Sending tickets by DHL is comfortable. Fast and comfortavle. Value for money Convenience
"Great trip" Ahmed a.
the best train to travel ever, train is very comfortable, stuff are very friendly. maybe they should allow more space for luggage Value for money Convenience
"Value for Money" Hemant k.
the price of rail tickets could be reduced as there r no extra benefits such as a complimentry soft drink or a snack which r provided in our luxury trains of Indian railway.In fact ,tea,coffee,snacks/one meal is provide in the fare. Value for money Convenience
"enjoyable" Havva ö.
comfortable large sitting place, silence and we liked a lot. thank you. Value for money Convenience
"Good, see note" Lpeter v.
Although we had reserved seats, they were occupied when we entered! Those people however knew that they were wrong, but why do we have to tell them???The ride was excellent! As for TGV, if ever, I will use the train again.
"Travel on the Thalys in May13" Chittazhi Sheela m.
We had a very good trip from Paris to Amsterdam and Amsterdam to Brussels. it was very convenient and defnitely value for money. Hope to do it again sometime in future. Value for money Convenience