Thello Night trainsItaly : Trenitalia
Save $45 with code EUROPE1743 - book 3 months in advance
Save $30 with code EUROPE1727 - book 2 months in advance
Save $15 with code EUROPE1711 - book 1 month in advance
- Paris - Venice: 13:24
- Book up to 120 days in advance
- Night trains
- Secure cabins with cozy berths
- Save on accommodation
5.5 milliontravellers in 2015
75+years of rail travel experience
Thello Night trains
Thello night trains. Ideal to travel from Paris to Milan, Venice and Florence.
Hop on board the Thello, the night train which travels between France and Italy. Enjoy a delicious dinner and relax in your bed to wake up afresh the next day. This popular service has carried more than 1 million people in the heart of Paris, Florence, Milan or Venice. Travelling at a speed of 180 km/h, the train will allow you to sleep cosily in a comfortable sleeper or couchette. If you have purchased a rail pass, please note that Passholder fares are not offered for Thello trains. Attendants are available at all hours on the Thello. The train attendants will handle customs procedures and wake you up before arriving at your destination.
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- Thello Night trains tickets are open for booking 120 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Receive your ticket directly to your address. Just take them with you and you are ready to travel. Shipping fees apply.
Seat reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
Experience the service
The Thello train leaves from Paris-Gare de Lyon in France.You don’t have to check in before travelling. However make sure that you board the train at least 2 minutes before departure. Make sure that you have a ticket which includes a reservation.
|First class||First class||Second class||Second class|
|Carrier’s designationName of class of service as you might see on your ticket. small>||Single sleeper||Double and Triple sleeper T3||4-bed Couchettes T4||6-bed Couchettes T6|
|Washbasin Practical to freshen up anytime during your trip. small>|
|Air conditioned carriages Makes it bliss when travelling during the summer period. small>|
|Security Lock and spy hole on the door for a maximum privacy and security. small>|
|Drink Bottles of water are available on board. small>|
|Cabin arrangement At your request, an attendant will arrange the cabin for the night. small>|
|Newspapers and magazines Grab your free international/local newspaper or magazine and enjoy the ride. small>|
|Breakfast The most important meal of the day for a memorable experience. small>|
|Wake-up service You will be woke-up about 30 to 60 minutes before the train’s arrival. small>|
Sleepers: your home from home!
- Thello Night trains offer a Sleeper class with 1 to 3 berth-cabins, with gender distinctions in 2 and 3 berth-cabins, except for people who reserve together. Each cabin has a washbasin, a razor socket, a complimentary toiletry kit, and the comfort of a real bed. Attendants can set up your cabin for the night. You also benefit from a wake-up service and a coffee and croissant at the restaurant car.
Couchettes: economical and practical
- Thello Night trains Couchettes offer 4 or 6 berth-cabins with no gender distinction. As in Sleepers, you can benefit from the help of an attendant. The wake-up service between 30 to 60 minutes before your arrival and a bottle of water in the evening are free of charge.
When you eat well, you sleep well!
- The bar is available for a quick snack with hot and cold beverages and light sweet and savoury dishes. The Thello Night train dining car and its restaurant await you with two set menus for a genuine gourmet meal, providing a full meal served at your table. If you are travelling by sleeping car, the attendant will collect your reservation, otherwise simply come to the dining car where you will be seated on a “first come first served” basis.
Interactive Rail Map
- A. A pass holder is a reduced fare that can be purchased in place of a ticket. It requires the use of 1 day on a rail pass and is generally required for high-speed trains.
- A. Lyria trains offer two different classes of travel. In First class, a delicious cold at-seat meal is offered to you, no matter what time you travel. A large selection of Swiss, French, international magazines and newspapers are also available for your perusal. Onboard taxi booking service is also available from Monday to Friday. Comfortable seats will welcome you in Second class where you can also enjoy the convenience of a bar-buffet car.
- A. A travel day lasts 24 hours, in which you can take as many trains as you wish.
- A. A consecutive-day pass provides unlimited rail travel on any day or all days for the duration of the pass. A flexipass is valid for a specific number of days within a longer period.
- A. No, there are no student discounts. Discounts are offered to youth travelers instead. A youth traveler is any traveler who is 25 years of age or younger.
Q. Do I need more than a German Rail Pass extension to travel to Prague and then to another city if I have a 4 day in a month German Rail Pass?A. No. Only one extension is need. You can travel wherever and as many times as you want during the 4 days within 1 month in relation with your rail pass.
- A. Your e-ticket is included in the email confirmation you receive from Rail Europe.
- A. Your Eurail Select pass must be validated by a railway official in one of the countries mentioned on the Eurail Select Pass (station’s desk) who also fills your first and last day of travel in the passport number.
- A. There are no check-in or customs procedures before boarding TGV trains. However, you must be onboard at the latest 2 minutes prior to the departure time, beyond which access to the train cannot be guaranteed. Ticket control and passport checks will occur on board the train.
- A. Yes, you’ll need to reserve your place on AVE trains like in most high speed trains in Europe.
answered | Posted by Jake T. | Comments 0 | Created: 02/02/2017
answered | Posted by Rob C. | Comments 13 | Created: 03/01/2017
answered | Posted by Catherine R. | Comments 0 | Created: 09/07/2016
answered | Posted by Ayatollah A. | Comments 0 | Created: 25/06/2016
Want to travel round trip using one route and then return using a different route. is this one round trip ticket or two seperate (...)want to travel paris to florence using the Milan route and then travel Pisa to paris using the Nice or Marseille route. is this (...)
answered | Posted by Jon S. | Comments 0 | Created: 08/06/2016
Reviews & ratings Thello Night trains
Overall rating (117)
Overall appreciationExcellent 12% Very good 20% Average 25% Poor 21% Terrible 22%
- "Where to Begin" Tania g. 18/09/2016
Noisy and very uncomfortable. The air conditioning was not switched on until the train left and in 33 degrees it wasn't good. There was no real room for the luggage and constant noise throughout the journey. Not a great experience at all. Value for money Convenience
- "night train" Yogi p. 14/09/2015
a little hot in the room when we started the trip from Dijon, but overall is quite good. too bad no free wi fi. Value for money Convenience
- "Overall it was a smooth ride" Roger Ka Chun w. 30/11/2014
Overall it was a smooth ride but the cabin is very tiny and a bit wore down. Value for money Convenience
- "need travel insurance" Robert s. 20/11/2014
unfortunately you can not get sick or have a trip disruption . if you are unable to use your tickets and cannot get to the staion before the travel date you lose the cost of your ticket at least with airlines you would get something back Value for money Convenience
- "Interesting night" Marsha m. 20/10/2014
The overnight train was a new adventure for me. It was surprisingly comfortable, and I was pleasantly surprised to have a compartment to myself. The finishes were no doubt clean, but they seemed dingy. Perhaps a refresh is in order? Value for money Convenience
- "Easy way to travel" Roberto b. 09/10/2014
Needs to update the fleet Value for money Convenience
- "European Adventure." Jason r. 25/08/2014
When it comes to traveling by train, I think you get what you paid for. The bunks were very clean and safe, the staff was knowledgeable, and the ride was on time and convenient. We would use the train again. Value for money Convenience
- "Thello night train" Ginny h. 22/07/2014
The sleep on the train was surprisingly comfortable! It was certainly a new experience to sleep while travelling to another different country. There was enough space in a 6 bunk coach. Our train conductor was friendly as well. Only con was the toilet was not very clean and smelt bad. And also during the night we had to switch train compartments as ours had faulty problems (aircond and all electricity items) not working. Was a mad rush to wake up suddenly to be told to move as all other passengers were rushing to their compartments. However, the conductors has allocated us new bunk beds earlier so no arguments on who gets which beds. Other than that, it was great. Value for money Convenience
- "Family Trip Paris to Rome" William Lee k. 09/07/2014
Our first overnight train trip. Overall the trip was exciting. The sleeping car was very basic, no frills and had limited amenities. The sleeping car seemed dated and not the cleanest. Value for money Convenience
- "Professional and friendly" Caro b. 04/06/2014
We were two ladies travelling together in a couchette. Arriving at the train we realised we had been booked in a couchette with a strange man. We were quite upset as we did not want to share with a man. The conductor was so friendly! she arranged another couchette for the gentleman and we two ladies had a comfortable ride. Thank you Joy for all your help. Value for money Convenience
- "Too quiet" Frederick H k. 14/05/2014
Continue our trip from Rome, Milano to Paris on a sleeper coach was another experience. Everything so perfect. Timing and schedule accurate to minute. Friendly ticket check before boarding the train avoiding disturb when sleeping. When train stops it was so quiet like sleeping at home. Will definetly need user friendly staff for breakfast. Value for money Convenience
- "Interesting Experience" . 12/05/2014
We traveled from Milan to Paris as a couple and on booking you are really not sure what you are going to get as it is not very specific! We got a carriage with 6 people all random - mixed male and female. I found this rather awkward as it was a Pensioner and a young man of -25 and a young lady and her friend a young guy they were about 20 or so. Fortunately all respectable folk - otherwise this could be potentially a hazardous situation for the young lady if the fellows were not very nice. I feel that the booking needs to be more specific so you can be put into compartments that you are assured to be safe! Also I would have preferred to know that this was not a very fast train, that it stopped quite a few times. How does one know which train is fast and which is slow? The toilet facility was disgusting - but through no fault of the railway - but the people that used it!
- "Excellent service" Mikhail v. 13/11/2013
I booked a train ticked for my girlfriend to go from Dijon to Bologna and the price and the convenience was much better that with sncf. Value for money Convenience
- "adverse" . 30/09/2013
During overnight journey, toilet flush did not work inthe toilet. Dinner items were not adequate. And that too finished early. Self being handicapped, help with luggage was not readily available. Rest were ok Value for money Convenience
- "6 bed berth" . 24/09/2013
it was terrible especiall at the lowest bed portion... noisy train