Enjoy a journey on the Jungfrau Railway, in operation for over 100 years, using the Jungfrau Travel Pass. Choose the pass that best fits your travel plans from 3 to 8 consecutive days. With this pass, you will have access to the entire Jungfrau Railway, giving you the opportunity to explore and be swept away in the majestic scenery. In addition, you can journey to Jungfraujoch, Europe’s highest-altitude railway station standing at over 3,450 metres above sea level. The Jungfrau Travel Pass provides you with everything you need to embrace Switzerland’s natural beauty!
Jungfrau Travel Pass - Top of Europe
- Note that a Low, Mid and High season pricing applies. Click on the terms & conditions link below to check the applicable dates.
Discover breathtaking views on the Jungfrau Railway
• Includes a choice of a voucher valid for 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 or 8 consecutive days of travel.
• Free travel on the Jungfrau Railways network which includes travel between Interlaken Ost – Lauterbrunnen, Grindelwald - Kleine Scheidegg or Lauterbrunnen.
• Excursion from Eigergletscher to the Jungfraujoch Top of Europe.
• Rail Europe voucher is exchanged for your Jungfrau Travel Pass - Top of Europe.
• Discounted rates are only available with a Swiss Half Fare Card.
• Children under 6 are free.
• Children traveling with a Swiss Family Card are free when they travel with a parent or guardian that is traveling with a Swiss Travel Pass. Where noted below, please indicate the number of children that are NOT covered by the Swiss Family Card. Note: these children will be required to purchase a ticket.
• The excursion from Eigergletscher to the Jungfraujoch – Top of Europe may only be used once only in conjunction with your Jungfrau Travel pass and the Rail Europe voucher must be exchanged at the same time as your Jungfrau Travel Pass voucher. Seat reservations recommended for travel between May - October and can be made at any Jungfraujoch Station.
• The Jungfrau Travel Pass - Top of Europe is valid for travel from May 5th to October 21st, 2018.
• Tickets and the Swiss Transfer ticket are not valid for rail pass discounts.
• Vouchers are valid for six months from the date of purchase.
• Prices are subject to change
From our travel community
You may also be interested in
Common Questions, Simple Answers
Q. How can I track the status of my refund?
A. To check the status of your refund, you can visit our Contact Us page to send us a message. Please be sure to include your original booking number so that the refund request can be researched.
Refunds processed online for e-tickets are completed immediately. Emails received for e-ticket refunds will be processed on the next business day.
Refunds for paper documents cannot be completed entirely online because your original travel documents must be sent back to us. They will be processed within 1-2 business days after the documents are received by Rail Europe. Our Customer Relations team will contact you once your refund is processed.
Please note that once a refund has been processed, it will take 7-10 business days for it to reflect in your credit card account.
Q. Why should I purchase my train tickets before I leave for Europe instead of while there?
A. While you can purchase train tickets locally, it has been our experience that the earlier you book the more likely you are to get the best fares. The longer you wait, the more likely the cheaper fares will be sold out. By booking early, you can avoid a higher ticket price.
Buying in advance also can save you a lot of time. You won’t have to wait in line at the train station. And considering how precious your vacation time is, why not spend it relaxing instead of worrying about your next train ticket?
Q. I just placed a booking and realized I made a mistake. How can I make changes?
A. If you need to get in touch with us regarding your booking, please visit our Contact Us page for assistance. As long as it hasn’t been invoiced yet, it’s usually not a problem to fix it. However, please note that an exchange fee and price change may be applicable depending on what needs to be changed.
Q. Is it possible to have travellers of different genders in the same sleeping compartment?
A. For gender specific compartments, men and women must be in separate sleeping compartments. However, if you reserve all beds within a compartment, you may mix genders.
Gender-specific compartments include private, double, triple, deluxe double, deluxe triple, and quad sleeping compartments. If your traveling party doesn’t fill the compartment, you will be divided by gender.
Q. Are there ATMs on board?
A. While there are ATMs located in most major European train stations, there are none on the trains themselves.
Q. Do the prices quoted on the website include all fees and taxes?
A. Fares quoted in our booking engine do not include fees. Depending on the booking delivery method you choose some fees may apply, like a delivery fee, and a processing fee. All fees will be visible to you during checkout. Rail Europe does not collect sale tax on products sold on our sites.
Q. How far in advance can I buy my rail pass?
A. A rail pass can be purchased anywhere from 6 to 11 months prior to your first travel day. We advise you to check the specific conditions of use for the pass you are interested in.
Q. Where can I find my e ticket number or e ticket confirmation code?
A. Your e-ticket number or e-ticket confirmation code is a string of 6 letters (or an 8 character alphanumeric code for British e-tickets) that can be found on your Rail Europe email invoice.
In addition, if you have purchased on our website while signed into your Rail Europe account, you may retrieve this code by looking up your booking in your Dashboard. You can also find it by accessing your itinerary through our mobile site or iPhone app.
Q. Can a rail pass be issued as an e ticket or e pass?
A. At this time, most rail passes are printed as a paper document and must be shipped to you prior to your departure to Europe. If a rail pass is offered as an e-pass this option will be offered at the time of booking. For rail passes offered as e-passes, you will need to print it out on paper prior to arriving at the train station.
Q. Are there shower facilities on board?
A. Onboard shower facilities vary by car equipment, operating carrier, and the class of service you’re booked in. You can view the details when you search for the train you wish to travel on.
In addition, there may be shower facilities at the rail stations. Typically, you will need to pay a fee to use these showers.